Thursday, April 29, 2010
1. I am one of 5 children. I have 3 older sisters and a younger brother. All of our names start with J: Jennifer, Jill, Janna, Jessica, Joe.
2. I will be 32 years old in 6 days. I can't believe how time flies.
3. I will also be married 8 years in about a month. Oh my. I remember that day so well. It seems like days ago. Our anniversary is May 25.
4. I sleep with socks on. Yes, I can't stand cold feet. Hubs like to put his cold feet on me in the winter. I hate it. I mean despise that cold feeling.
5. I have only been camping once in my life. Well, maybe twice. I'm going with friends on Memorial Day Weekend and I am so excited. Several months ago the hubs and I attended a benefit dinner for a local college. We went to the silent auction and bid on 2 sleeping bags and a tent. We won! So we figured we might as well break them in. We are going to Mt. Nebo. I am excited but nervous too...What if I have to pee in the night? I can't imagine having to find my way in the dark....Snakes....EEK!
6. I am reading the entire bible in one year. I started January 1 and I am in II Chronicles now. I am excited to read the entire thing. I purchased a Message Bible to help. So far it has worked great. Hubs is reading the bible also, but he skips way ahead and is in Daniel.
7. My husband I are LOST watchers. We started the show way back when and have kept up. Even during the times when the show can get way confusing. I am interested to see if this is all a dream or what??????
Only a few more episodes remain.
8. I work for engineers. Civil engineers actually. We work on Water and Wastewater Treatment Plants, as well as other things. Anyhow, I just got back from attending the Arkansas Water and Wastewater Environmental Association Conference. It was Sooooo exciting! -Ha!
9. My birthday is approaching as I mentioned above. I am going to a spa this weekend for a pedicure and massage. I can't wait!
10. So I've been working on this top 10 list for a week almost. Wow, I gotta start blogging more.
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Last night I went to Ft.Smith with church to sing at the BMA convention. That was nice and the pastor did awesome, but man I am exhausted from the trip. We got home at 11:30 and I was up at 5:00 this morning.
Lately, I've been sleeping bad. I keep waking up tons of times and then for some reason at 5, I wake up and can't go back to sleep. Booooo
Exercise hasn't been all that good this week. I just have commitments and problems that have kept me from doing all that much.
The rest of our week and weekend are pretty jammed packed full of stuff. Hubs is on the church softball team and has 2 games. One Th and one Friday. Then we have a crawfish boil on Saturday. I'm also running a fun 5k with some friends.
Busy little bee I tell ya!
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
So yesterday our car hit a milestone:
200,000 miles on our 2004 Honda Accord. WOW, I can't believe it. We will of had this car 6 years in July. We drive it like crazy as you can tell. So, we hope to make it another 100,000. The awesome benefit is we paid it off about a year or so ago. WOOT for no car payments. Come on Honda you can do it. Just a few 100,000 more miles to go!
Food has been so so. I do so good for about 3 weeks and then I hit a wall. I am in that wall period right now. UGH! I am trying to get back in the swing of things. I am still exercising though so that benefits me.
As for exercise, I ran 5 miles on Saturday with friends. I stopped 2 times for about 2-4 min each. Otherwise it was continuous. WOOHOO. I've been stuck on 4:1 for so long that sometimes it makes running long distances without stopping uncomfortable.
I'm glad that today is Wednesday! I LOVE it that the week is half over.
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Blogging hasn't been high on the priority these days. I've just been swamped with so many activities that I don't seem to get around to blogging as much anymore.
Food is going great and so is exercise. I'm back on ST these days. I've always done some form of it, but I go in spurts when I do more than others. Been doing good these last few weeks. My gym offers so many classes I can take so I might as well take them.
Tonight is church night. So, I won't get any exercise tonight. Wednesdays are just a hard day for me to get it all in.
I also have so much on my DVR....Wow, I need to stay at home for a day to catch up.
We are Lost watchers....Anyone else? This show is strange.
Thursday, April 1, 2010
Let me see.....
Tuesday I did abs and cardio. The weather is so beautiful I couldn't resist being outside, so after abs I hit the track with a friend. Then hubs and I did 30 more min. later in the day.
Yesterday was a DOR. I just have a hard time getting it all done on Wednesday with church.
Tonight is back to Ab class. I honestly think my abs are improving. I haven't been a complete regular attendee, but for the most part 1 time per week since January. I can tell in my abs for sure. Not sure what else I will do. I'm not going to run because on Monday and Tuesday my lower shins were killing me. I think it is time for new shoes.
I don't' know when I'll get that in.
Protein Shakes...Someone asked so I'll give my few recommendations.
1. Jillian Michael's Whey Protein-I just tried this last week for the first time because I wanted a small container. I am ordering a new kind and it won't be in till tomorrow so I didn't want to buy tons. Plus I like to buy small and try. NOT ALL SHAKES ARE GOOD! Anyhow, I liked it. It was Double Chocolate I believe. The beginning taste is the normal proteiny kind of taste, but at the end it has a hint of a chocolate nestle crunch. Notice I said hint. By no means does this taste like a nestle crunch. It just seems maybe a little bit like it to me.
Anyhow, I purchased it at Walmart!
2. Designer Whey Chocolate-I have just tried this, I found some while in South Carolina so I picked it up. It is decent. I mean not TO DIE FOR, but decent.
3. Designer Whey ARIA for Women-I haven't yet tried, but I got some ordered. I was looking for something designed for women without artificial sweeteners. This one was recommended by a friend.
4. Syntha 6-Also a good brand. I have some strawberry at the house, but I have sense realized that I'm not a huge fan of strawberry so I have it for back up use. I drink it occasionally.
5. Lean Dessert is another one I've tried. I'm not a HUGE fan of it though, they have tons of flavors. Lots of girls at PNP use it.
6. EAS-Another one from Walmart. I like the premade ones and will use those when I'm limited on time.
7. Matrix 5.0 Orange-I used this when I first started and loved it. It is good, but I got burnt out.
8. Optimum Nutrition-Another good one, it is a casein shake.
Anyhow, those are a few of my favorites. You really just have to branch out and try it.
I am chocolate fan, so I normally do chocolate over vanilla or even strawberry.
Also, for chunky shakes. I use my magic bullet to mix it up. Works great and has no chunks. I do also have a shaker cup that I purchased at GNC. It has a metal ball in it to help with the chunks. I use it when I am away from home. You gotta shake for a minute or so, but it does work.