Thursday, April 1, 2010

Few things...

Today is a hair appt. Looking forward to ending my day a little sooner. I leave in 1 hour 5 minutes but I'm not counting.

Let me see.....
Tuesday I did abs and cardio. The weather is so beautiful I couldn't resist being outside, so after abs I hit the track with a friend. Then hubs and I did 30 more min. later in the day.

Yesterday was a DOR. I just have a hard time getting it all done on Wednesday with church.

Tonight is back to Ab class. I honestly think my abs are improving. I haven't been a complete regular attendee, but for the most part 1 time per week since January. I can tell in my abs for sure. Not sure what else I will do. I'm not going to run because on Monday and Tuesday my lower shins were killing me. I think it is time for new shoes.
I don't' know when I'll get that in.

Protein Shakes...Someone asked so I'll give my few recommendations.
1. Jillian Michael's Whey Protein-I just tried this last week for the first time because I wanted a small container. I am ordering a new kind and it won't be in till tomorrow so I didn't want to buy tons. Plus I like to buy small and try. NOT ALL SHAKES ARE GOOD! Anyhow, I liked it. It was Double Chocolate I believe. The beginning taste is the normal proteiny kind of taste, but at the end it has a hint of a chocolate nestle crunch. Notice I said hint. By no means does this taste like a nestle crunch. It just seems maybe a little bit like it to me.
Anyhow, I purchased it at Walmart!

2. Designer Whey Chocolate-I have just tried this, I found some while in South Carolina so I picked it up. It is decent. I mean not TO DIE FOR, but decent.

3. Designer Whey ARIA for Women-I haven't yet tried, but I got some ordered. I was looking for something designed for women without artificial sweeteners. This one was recommended by a friend.

4. Syntha 6-Also a good brand. I have some strawberry at the house, but I have sense realized that I'm not a huge fan of strawberry so I have it for back up use. I drink it occasionally.

5. Lean Dessert is another one I've tried. I'm not a HUGE fan of it though, they have tons of flavors. Lots of girls at PNP use it.

6. EAS-Another one from Walmart. I like the premade ones and will use those when I'm limited on time.

7. Matrix 5.0 Orange-I used this when I first started and loved it. It is good, but I got burnt out.

8. Optimum Nutrition-Another good one, it is a casein shake.

Anyhow, those are a few of my favorites. You really just have to branch out and try it.
I am chocolate fan, so I normally do chocolate over vanilla or even strawberry.

Also, for chunky shakes. I use my magic bullet to mix it up. Works great and has no chunks. I do also have a shaker cup that I purchased at GNC. It has a metal ball in it to help with the chunks. I use it when I am away from home. You gotta shake for a minute or so, but it does work.

2 comments:

Shiri Briseno said...

I got this recipe from a trainer's blog and just love it...
1 cup milk (2% or skim)
1/2 cup blueberries
1 frozen banana
1 scoop whey protein
1 scoop flax
1/4 pineapple chunks
She calls it her muscle pumping shake...it's delicious!

Shiri Briseno said...

use your ninja to mix it all up and it's so good, this is two servings, soy milk would also be great!