Friday, March 5, 2010

Running club went great

I went to the Women Can Run....WOW, lots of gals interested in running. That is just so amazing to me. I love seeing women achieve goals like running a 5k. WOOT, can't wait for race day.

So I joined the advanced group. We ran 3 miles last night. I did it in about 31 min I think. Give or take, I'm not certain. WOW, first time running continuous in a L-O-N-G time. Wow, I'm just so use to 4:1. I did it though and was proud I did. I want to shave off about 3-4 min though. I think with practice I can.
The weather was awesome and just right for a run of that length. I saw Brandi and Shannon.

I think I'm going to like the running. I already knew several in my group so that was good.

This weekend is the LR Marathon and I have Leg 1 of the race. My leg is 6.2 miles. I could of done leg 2, but I did that 2 years ago and so I thought this time I would change it up. It is amazing that last year I was about to run the full. WOW, I so wish I would of trained for it. Kind of sad and mad that I didn't do it. I'm sure I could of found a few in my area to train with. I may just have to see about that for next time.
The race is on Sunday so tomorrow I plan on taking it rather easy. I thought I might do weight training and skip out on leg work.

2 comments:

Brandi said...

It was great to see you! You girls are speedy for sure in the advance group! :)

I'm doing the 5K tomorrow in LR. They changed it from the marathon day which is probably a good thing. People could get confused on which race was what.

My trainer is going to be mad at me for only doing legs once this week. I didn't want to be as sore as last week though with a race this weekend.

Shannon said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it! I love the running group and enjoy seeing new and old faces!

I would love to be able to do the advanced group one day, but I'm scared I'd be the slowest one there and I don't feel like I'm ready for that group yet.

I feel kinda sad that I'll only be at clinic one day a week! I wish so bad that I could go both nights!

Good luck on your leg this weekend!