Thursday, February 11, 2010

It has been a while....

WOW, where do I begin!

Last week was insane with multiple projects and just stuff going on. Then the weekend hit and I had multiple things going on. Sunday we celebrated the Superbowl with friends and some awesome food. We did tacos but the healthy kind. I did lowfat meat, 2% cheese, salsa, black beans, FF bean dip, 2% cheese dip, baked chips etc. Then I topped it off by making this recipe. Blackberry Cobbler WW Style. Next time I may do a little splenda on my blackberries, but other than that, it was a hit.
All those involved in the party are trying to trim down for the New Year so it was a HUGE hit.

Then on Sunday when I went to bed, I had no idea I would be off for two days!
We got covered in snow. The weather people didn't do such a great job. Of course at anytime it can shift and temps drop, well, that is what happened. We were blanketed with about 7 inches of snow on Sunday and into Monday. I couldn't believe it when I woke up to snow. We of course stayed home and I'm glad we did because by 10 that morning we got a dumping of more. Again, it was so beautiful! Those two days off were awesome.

I finally ventured back to work yesterday. Not because I wanted too, but because I needed to get back to work.

They keep saying more snow could come our way, but I doubt it. I figure spring should arrive soon.

So I started swimming at the gym. So far so good. It is a nice change of pace and scenery. Did you know you burn tons more swimming than running? Hello, I need to stop running. Speaking of, I am going to take the first leg of the LR marathon in March. I've ran 3 miles twice this week so I need to bump that to 4 miles over the weekend. I'll be ready by March 7. My leg is only 6 miles. So doable.

I better get going. We don't have any Valentines plans......what about everyone else?

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hello?!?!? Maybe I should start swimming, too?!?! That would necessitate me buying a bathing suit, though, and I don't think I am ready for that!! ha!