Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I'm still alive...

Work....That's all I'm saying.

I ended up finishing out the January Exercise Challenge with over 1250 minutes. WOO HOO!

I lost a total of 8.4 lbs for the month of January. I actually started out the week after Christmas so that is really 5 weeks, but oh well. I still haven't taken any measurements yet. I may wait one more month and then take them after 8 weeks of progress.

I still want to lose about 15 more lbs. If I can keep this up, I should be pretty darn close by my birthday in May. 1 lb a week should get me close at least. I would love to be back to my goal weight by then. I can do it. I am determined!

I entered another February Challenge. This was is 1300 exercise minutes plus push ups. The challenge is pushups 3 days a week plus then whatever else you do to accumulate the 1300 minutes. I did my first round of pushups on Monday and tonight I'll do more. I've started on my knees, but I hope to gradually move on up to toes eventually.
So far I only have 60 minutes in for the month. I better get busy, we are already 3 days in. I hope to do some cardio tonight before church and then my pushups and a few abs before bed.

A friend I know just posted that they need someone to run 6 miles of the LR Relay. I think I might do it if they still need someone. I really want to start running a little. Not a ton, but a little. 6 miles wouldn't be so bad!
I am considering!
That race is about 1 month out. I need to build back up though if I plan on doing it.
Might mean I start back running this weekend! Oh the joys of cold weather running!

I better go, I need to get back to work.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Good for you, girl. I have 5 more pounds til my goal and I am trying so hard to do it in February. I am going total "hard core". So I'll probably see you doing push-ups sometime!!! :)

Shannon said...

Great job! I've been slacking on eating right - I do great minus the chocolate. I need to make the chocolate disappear!!

I've started keeping track of my minutes too. So far, I'm up to 75 minutes. I've had to cut back due to Grad School. I'm not liking that one bit either. I'm hoping to up it more on the weekends. I haven't even been to a spin class in 3 weeks! That makes me wanna cry! LOL

Brandi said...

Hey girl! I was late to bible study last night so I missed you I'm sure. We went to get our taxes done beforehand and that took forever!

I'm doing so much better on my working out this month so far! I've gotten in 130 minutes already in 3 days! Woo Whoo! I may pass my whole month of January minutes in 2 weeks! Now I need to see this weight start to drop!

Kelly said...

Congratulations on your weight loss. That is great. It will be nothing for you to lose the final 15 pounds.