Thursday, January 7, 2010

New Recipe

A gal at one of my meetings shared this recipe with me. I've been holding on to it for about a month just due to the holiday and very little time for cooking.

I did this in the crockpot so it would be ready when I got home from work. I love cooking chicken in the crockpot because it always shreds and we tend to like that.

Anyhow, this is a chicken curry recipe. I've always been worried about curry, just because I wasn't certain I really liked it and then on top of that, I hadn't ever cooked with it before.

I decided to branch out though...try something new and exciting!

1 lb chicken (I bought it in strips, trimmed and ready)
1 onion
1-16 oz jar of salsa
2 tbsp curry powder

Mix the above ingredients together. Cook on low all day or high for 4 hours. After cooked, stir around and the chicken literally shreds. Then add in 1 cup of sour cream. I use light.
Stir it up and it's ready!

I put mine over brown rice and it was excellent.

The husband even approved. I will warn you though, curry does leave a fragrance behind. It is gone the next day though. Our poor house was a little smelly for a few hours! :)
I will definitely make this recipe again.

I love a meal in the crockpot ready to eat when I get home!

On to other things.....Gym last night was 48 min.

333/1250

2 comments:

Angie P said...

thanks for sharing the recipe - sounds great! I'm gonna try it out tonight (I have 4 chicken breast in the fridge waiting for a recipe to call home!)

The Lewis's said...

sounds yummy. I'll have to try that!