Monday, November 23, 2009

Short week.....

Today is day 1 of my short week, only 1 more to go. The awesome thing is tomorrow will be a pretty easy day so that means after today I'm pretty much home free!

I am so ready for a few days off. I took off on Wednesday just because I had the time. I am excited to be off. My husband and I are planning on going to Silver Dollar City (a theme park in Branson) with some friends.

Lets see, our weekend was good. We went to the Razorback game on Saturday and also saw the Blind Side movie. It was really good. In fact, we loved it. Sunday was church stuff and dinner with friends!

One of my prayers recently has been that God would bring us some good christian friends and he has blown us away with that. We have been hanging out with two couples that we seem to have lots in common with. In fact, we did something with them on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. They are just fun to be around and the fact that we all have a desire to be Godly is a big plus. I am so thankful for what God has done for us. He is awesome!

Tonight I'm heading home to make this:

Pumpkin Bars
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 cup oil
1 15 oz. pumpkin
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
Mix all ingredients together and bake in a 9x13 pan. (I sprayed my pan just in case) Bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes. Cool.
Icing:
1/2 cup butter
1-8oz cream cheese
1 box powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla
Beat until smooth and ice cooled cake. Cut into bars. Refridgerate

These are to die for!!!!!!!
I'm bringing those to my work pot luck plus my MIL and Mother's. They are hit let me tell you. They are moist. Nothing like 1 cup of oil to do that. Yes, these aren't low in cal, but man are they good.

If I don't make it back in tomorrow, and I may not, I wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
Remember to reflect on what Thanksgiving is all about. Reach out and tell someone how much appreciate them!

1 comment:

Shiri Briseno said...

thanks for the recipe sounds yummy!