Thursday, September 10, 2009

Sleepy and craving a donut

Don't you hate it when the alarm sounds and you are totally engaged in the deepest sleep ever. Man, that has happened to me the last 2 mornings. I feel like by 9:00 am I'm finally waking up. Not enough coffee in the world will break the exhausted feeling.
I've just been so tired lately.
I'm sure it has something to do with the fact I've had extra activities every night this week. I'm glad the weekend is nearing. The hogs are off this weekend so that means we'll be at home. Yippee.

I forgot the bean and ham recipe this morning! I hate that! I had a picture to share and everything. Oh well, I'll save that for tomorrow.

Here is the lasagna I told you about. No picture. I forgot to snap one last week. I eat this about once a month, so it'll get a picture eventually. This was my lunch from last week. I paired it with a side of green beans.

1 lb extra lean ground beef (brown and drain)
1 jar spaghetti sauce (I used low sugar)
3 cups water
8 ounces egg noodles
1 cup cottage cheese, lowfat
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup mozz. cheese

In large skillet, cook meat and drain off any extra fat. Return to skillet. Add spaghetti sauce and water and bring to a boil. Stir in noodles. Bring mixture back to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until noodles are done.

Add cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese and mozz. cheese; stir gently into noodles. Cover and cook for 5-10 minutes on low.

I normally let mine sit in the pot for a little while. It helps soak up the water even more.

This makes 6 servings, but I normally cut mine down and eat less so I can stretch it a little longer.
If you did 6 servings=11 points.

8 servings=8

Again, this makes tons, I can usually get tons of meals off it. For instance last week I made it for my lunch for 5 days, then the hubs ate it for dinner one night, then I heated the remaining amount up for dinner one night because I was pressed for time etc. I'm just telling you I get multiple servings out of it. I was wishing I had a picture I could show. It is really good.

Here are a few of my other food finds, that I've been into lately. I loves these cereal bars. I buy them at my local health food store. They run me 2 points each and when I'm on the go, these work great for a snack or breakfast option. If I'm eating for breakfast I normally do 2 or I pair it with a fruit or something.
Then I've also had these. I tried one of a guy that I work with. I won't eat these ALL the time just because they have so much sodium in them. I love wasabi though and I love that kick to it. It is a nice change from the normal plain almond that I would normally eat.


So, I explained I was sleepy, but the other title is about donuts. I'm so craving one right now. In fact, I have been for almost a week. Last week we were going to run by KK for a late night donut fix after the ball game. I was going to allow myself 1. I hadn't had one in a while and honestly, I wanted one. Well, they close at 10. For the love, I can't believe it. 10 on a Friday night! So, that being said, no donut. Now all I can think about is a donut. I've had it on my mind ever since. I tell you, I'm going to have to just break down and get one, one of these days that is.


No comments: