Friday, September 18, 2009

Recovering

Yes, I've been taking it easy for the last few days. Trying to rest up my leg. I have had minimal pain for the last 2 days so I'm hoping it's getting better.

My running group is running in the morning. The plan is 10 miles. I won't do all 10, but I'm going to try and maybe do 4. Not sure exactly what I'll do, but I'm going to try something.
We will go at 5:30, so the nice thing is I'll be done early in the morning.

Today I have my manicure appointment and then tonight the husband has a game near our home. They are normally 1-2 hours a way. I'm going to go out and see him do his ref thing. Last night he was a white hat. For those of you that know what I mean, it is a big deal to white hat a game. He said he did good.

So last night I spent the night catching up on DVR shows. I watched BL, and a few other things I had tapped. I didn't get to Project Runway, but I will sometime this weekend.
BL is going to be good this season.
I also was flipping channels and landed on Beaches. Okay, I'm such a sap. I cried at the end. In fact, I was crying when Hillary got pregnant. I knew what was looming. The husband got home right at the end of the movie. He couldn't believe I was crying. That is a movie that just makes you think how short life can be sometimes. I know it might be cheezy to some, but it still had me boohooing!

This weekend I'm making a crockpot chicken tortilla soup. Sounds delicious! I'm also stocking up on okra this week for more roasted yumminess!

I have officially 5 days until our Back to School Challenge ends at PNP. I really want to win! I'm so going to bust it hard this weekend and next week to finish out strong.

Hogs play Georgia this weekend.....

3 comments:

Brandi said...

I LOVE Beaches! I used to watch that movie over and over and just cry and cry!! Great movie!!

I'm ready to see the HOGS play! We aren't going to the game but I will be watching it on TV and can't wait to see how we do up next to a SEC team! GO HOGS!! Woo Pig!!!

And this soup you speak of.. sounds soo good... may have to try it sometime!

Shannon said...

Good luck tomorrow morning! I hope your run goes well! You can always join us - although we run later (at 8am). Hope all goes well!

I've yet to watch BL or Beaches... But, the tortilla soup sounds great! Tonight, I'm making a WW Roast in the crockpot! I'm excited as it calls for onion soup mix...interesting twist! :)


Go Hogs!

Heather said...

Hope your run goes well, it is such a bummer to be injured!!