Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Not blogging like I want...

I'm only blogging about 1 time per week these days. I was up to everyday at one point. I just get busy. I don't really have any excuses.

Today is weigh in day and I'm ready I think. We went out of town this last weekend, but I selected good choices. They weren't by any means great, but I did allow myself the occasional treat like a cookie, or a slice of bread with dinner, some tortilla chips at the Mexican place etc. Next time though I'm bringing my Guiltless Gourmet chips. I was kicking myself for not bringing them along. I love those things! 2 points for 18 chips. If you scroll down I posted a picture of them a few weeks ago.

I used all my extra points this week and most all of my activity points. I don't normally eat activity points. It'll be interesting to see if I still lost some. I would love to think so.

The last few weeks I've had an addiction to Steel Cut Oats! Oh my so yummy and so good for you. In AR the weather is cooling off so it makes eating a hot breakfast taste so good.
Here is my recipe:
1 cup steel cut oats
4 cups water
dash of salt
Splenda if desired

I spray my crockpot really good and then I put these ingredients in. I've been doing 5 cups of water instead of 4 though because I like that consistency better. I think it is slightly thinner with the extra water. I let mine cook on high for 3 hours or you can do low overnight whichever you prefer. This recipe is for 4 servings. Last week I added frozen peaches, this week I added a frozen berry mix. So yummy!

I use Bob's Red Mill Steel Cut Oats. I will tell you that they are crunchy, so you must cook them long enough. It isn't quick like normal oats. That is the reason I do mine in the crockpot vs stove. Here is a picture of the package:

Oh and if you eat Gluten Free these qualify.

I'll be back later with an update from my weigh in! Wish me luck! I would love to see a 1.4 lb loss. That would put me at 10 lbs down since recommitting!

2 comments:

TinaGirl said...

ohhh I'll have to try those. Thank you! What do you do with the left overs. Do you put them in individual containers for the rest of the week and just warm them up?

Jessica's Journey To Being One Hot Mom! said...

I put them in containers and eat on it all week. Just nuke in the microwave and your all set! So yummy!