Friday, September 11, 2009

Hair and beans

Last night I had a hair appointment. I'm really trying hard to let it grow out. I've been working on it for 3 months maybe? Yesterday before my appointment I was at the point of wanting to chop it off. My ends look fried and my hair just hasn't been "cute" in months.
So, I went in to discuss with my hairdresser who is pregnant and looking so good she's only gained 9 lbs and is 29 weeks! Every girls dream!
Anyhow, we discussed it and she told me not to give up on the growing out yet. She told me would trim up the dead spots. When you put color on your hair, it isn't the greatest for it. I'm thinking it might of fried some my hair and that was what was giving me the frizzed look. So here is the new color and cut.



You will notice on the left that I got a few shorter layers in the front. This was one of my areas that needed a little attention. I was glad that it worked out okay. FYI, it was 7:00 am when I took this photo. I've been up since 5, so forgive the dazed look. Anyhow the hair is growing. It was once at chin level, so I've grown about 2 inches so far.

Okay, I've been saying I would share this bean recipe all week, so here it goes. I will tell you that cutting this recipe in half will make plenty. I did a full recipe and my crockpot wouldn't hold all the beans I soaked. I had to trash them. That being said, if you are feeding a small family, I would cut this recipe by half. I did put back at least 2 meals worth in my freezer and then I and the hubs ate on this one pot for MULTIPLE meals. FYI, I'm tired of beans.

2 lb. dried pinto beans
1/2 lb large dried lima beans
Large chunk of ham (i bought one at my walmart and broke it into pieces)
3-4 cloves of garlic
1 lb dried great northern beans
1/2 lb dried navy beans
1 large onion (chopped)

Soak beans overnight in fridge (I put in a little salt and 2 cloves of garlic). The next day rinse off the beans. Put the beans, ham, remaining garlic and onion in crockpot. Cook all day on low or 4-5 hours on high. You will want to add more salt. We also used a little tobasco.

I then made some cornbread with mine. Delicious!

So I had a picture and something happened to it. Oh well.

Tonight is the Cats game so I'm heading off to watch that. My husband is calling a game in North Arkansas so he'll be gone all night and into the morning.
Tomorrow I need to do a 9 mile training walk and then tomorrow night we're headed out with some friends for dinner and ice cream.

We've got a pretty low key weekend. The Hogs are off so we'll be around the house tomorrow.

Oh and I'm still craving that donut....



No comments: