Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Football Weekend Wrap Up

Well, Friday wasn't so good for the Cats. We lost bad....REALLY bad. We had fun though.
I didn't take the camera into the game so I have no pictures.

Saturday was the hog game. I took a few pictures, but I didn't think they turned out all that good. It rained most of the day on Saturday so it was humid and nasty outside. I promise I'll take some and share eventually. We don't play again until the 19th. The current plan is to tailgate so surely I can get some good pictures then.

Our weekend was good. We had family in town so we entertained several times. I made some awesome mint chocolate ice cream. It was SO not point friendly. It had heavy cream and half and half, if that tells you anything. It was gobbled up for sure.

So I said I would share some of my recent recipes I've been doing. This one was on WW website about a month ago. A lady in my meeting brought it to me. I'm glad she did, I've loved it.
Here is the recipe and a picture of it. The picture isn't all that great. It tastes better than it looks.
1 spray(s) cooking spray
1 cup(s) canned yellow corn, drained, or frozen, thawed corn kernels
1 Tbsp canned green chili peppers, chopped, mild or hot
15 oz canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup(s) cooked brown rice, fresh or day old
3/4 cup(s) shredded reduced-fat Mexican-style cheese
3/4 cup(s) fat-free sour cream
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp table salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
2 Tbsp scallion(s), chopped (dark green part only)
2 Tbsp shredded reduced-fat Mexican-style cheese

Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a 2-quart glass baking dish with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine corn, chilies, beans, rice, 3/4 cup of cheese, sour cream, chili powder, salt and pepper; stir in scallions.
Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons of cheese. Return to oven and bake until cheese melts and casserole is slightly bubbly, about 10 minutes more. Let stand for 5 minutes to firm up before slicing into 6 pieces. Yields 1 piece per serving.

POINTS® Value: 4
Servings: 6


Tonight is my monthly Bunco group. I started a group at my church. It's been a hit! I'm bringing spinach dip tonight.

I must get going. I do plan on sharing more recipes this week.

Oh and for those wondering. The beans turned out awesome! I'll share that recipe this week too!

1 comment:

Heather said...

So sad for the Cats...there was much wailing and knashing of teeth amongst the coaches for sure!!! :) I keep saying "It's a rebuilding year!!!" Go Hogs, though!
Have a great week!