Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Chicken Tortilla Soup

So I made a new recipe over the weekend. I decided to go ahead and share it because it was pretty good. I'm not sure I'll make it again or not, but it was good.
I didn't do the tortilla strips either, I was trying to cut it down to lower points and I did by 1.
So, here is the recipe:

Crockpot Tortilla Soup
Makes 6 servings, 6 points each.
Ingredients
1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
15 oz whole tomatoes
10 oz enchilada sauce
1 medium onion, chopped
4 oz chopped green chilies
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cups water
14 1/2 oz fat-free chicken broth
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 whole bay leaf
1 cup fresh or frozen corn
6 whole corn tortillas
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 Tbsp chopped cilantro
Instructions
Cook and shred chicken. Combine in crock pot with all ingredients except tortillas, oil, and cilantro. Cook on low 6-8 hours or on high 3-4 hours. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut tortillas into strips and place on baking sheet, brushing lightly with oil. Bake 5-10 minutes or until crisp. Immediately before serving, sprinkle tortilla strips and cilantro over soup.

It makes 6 servings at 6 points each, but I again cut out the cilantro ,oil and tortillas so it came down by 1 point.
Here is the finished product:


I also did more okra last night...Yum, still loving it roasted! If you missed it, scroll down I did an entire blog on my roasted okra.

Okay, that is all I got today.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I think I have a similar recipe! I love tortilla soup!

You should go check out my giveaway! :)