Monday, May 4, 2009

Big Day for us...

Yesterday was a big day for us. We made it official. We joined a church. It is actually sort of sweet in that it only took us 7 years to join as a couple. We attended my church for a while. We even got married in my family church.

A few years ago, yes I said years, we decided it was time to move on. We've been visting around to several churches for about a year and a half. We've gone back and forth for months. For about the last 6 months though, we felt like Antioch was the place for us. We joined a Sunday School class, we started attending a weekly bible study, etc.
So yesterday we made it official. We joined our first church together.

This weekend it rained like cats and dogs all weekend. Seriously, none stop all weekend. It basically rained out Toad Suck Daze! :( Sad....

Oh well, yesterday we put on our rain suits and headed downtown anyhow. We wanted to see Jars of Clay perform so we stuck it out. Actually we were dry to the bone. I even wore my rain shoes, so my feet stayed warm and dry. We were the only dry people in the area trust me.

My birthday is coming up on Sunday.....I'll be 31. It seems like any other day. We don't have any plans as of now. We thought about going to see the inlaws on Saturday so we can take MIL a mothers day gift. Other than that, we should be around the house all weekend.

I'm contemplating joining WW online. I thought maybe seeing it laid out in a journal would help me more. It is fairly cheap.......Just thinking about it.

Oh yeah, a local magazine did an article on my marathon experience including the girls I trained with and everything! Cool!

I'm also thinking about starting my marathon training back up after my vacation in June. I'm seriously thinking about maybe doing the Memphis Full in December.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Congrats on joining a church!

I was at Jars of Clay for a little while...while getting drenched! Ugh!

Love the article!