Sunday, April 19, 2009

Deals, Deals, Deals

Yesterday was the trip to Branson. We left at 6:00 am! I got up early yesterday than I do for a work day. :(

We hit the road and arrived in Branson about 9:45. We stopped for Breakfast and then hit the Tanger outlet. If you are familiar with Branson it's the blue roof outlet. I was a slight bit disappointed we didn't get to spend more time at this one. It is by far my favorite of all the outlets because it carries all my favs: Gap, Banana Republic, Coach, Ann Taylor Loft, Old Navy, Etc.

So I brought my allotment of money. I brought cash because that seems to work best for me. When I have cash I know what I've spent and what is left. When I use the debit card then I'm adding up my receipts etc. Just a pain. So anyhow, I went with my set amount. My key is NEVER buy to quick. You want that $$ to last. My first purchase was two pairs of corduroy pants black and off white for guess what? $4.77 each! Okay, bargain people! When she rang me up she said told me it was a final sale! I told her not to worry! I'd tried them on and they fit! One thing is I'm tall (5'8), so I have to buy sometimes a slightly bigger size so I know my length will fit. The sizing and length were perfect! The pants came from Ann Taylor Loft.

When we walked into Banana Republic the guy at the counter told us everything in the store was additional 40% off! SWEET! That means all sales were then additionally on sale even more! I should of stayed in that store longer! All I got was a cute wallet for $5.00.

That was all I got at the first outlet. I almost got this adorable rain coat at the Gap, but it just didn't scream "get me" and the price was $20.00. I was looking for $10.00 or less bargains remember!

Our second stop was red roof. My sister Janna wanted to get a few things at that outlet, so we briefly stopped in.
We went to the Hanes outlet and I stocked up on a few items. Again, I spent $28.00, but I once again got a deal on some stuff. Just girly stuff! Multiple items too!
I also got me an ice cream scoop so that I can scoop our cookie dough with it. I went to Wal-Mart a month ago to buy one....$12.00, I thought that was scandalous! I got one yesterday at Tuesday Mornings for $3.50. ChaChing!

Our last stop was Branson Landing! I purchased one shirt at Ann Taylor but that was my only purchase. It was $9.99. Oh yeah, I forgot two giant chocolates for the hubs at the Rocky Mountain Chocolate store cost me almost $7.00. Can you believe that. I bought it though. He deserved a treat!

So I came home spending about $65.00.

It was a fun time! It gave me a chance to spend time with both my parents and one of my sisters. We don't get that time like we once did. I was glad I went! It made getting up early and shopping all day totally worth it!

Sunday is winding down and Monday will soon be here! Oh well, I'm thankful I have a job.

3 comments:

The Lewis's said...

Sounds like you got some great deals! I love to go up there shopping!

Heather said...

I love shopping at the outlets and getting great deals! I saw your article in 501Life...it was so good! :) Happy weekend!

Christina said...

I love the outlet malls. Living in Alaska we don't have any, so when vacation comes I take full advantage! Glad you had a great time and what a deal you came out with.