Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Cloudy, Sleepy Day

Today the weather in AR is yucky! Cloudy, and dreary! Makes you want to stay in bed.

5 more days. I'm trying to be patient, but I am so ready! This marathon is almost here!

Last night I watched Dancing with the Stars. Honestly, I'm trying to stop watching TV all together, but I'm having a hard time adjusting. I started a new book and I really want to read at night, but somehow that show sucked me in. It just started, so maybe I can break myself before I get hooked. I have so many shows on my DVR because time just hasn't allowed much TV with all this training. I'm thinking of deleting all of them. That means no more Greys, Ugly Betty, Private Practice and Desperate Housewives. These show are "smut" as the husband says. I tend to agree. I'm going to clean up the DVR tonight and start deleting.

Last night I didn't make my 9:00 pm goal! It was because I was watching DWTS. I got in bed and immediately fell asleep at 9:45, but I was short about 45 min. Man am I sleeping good though. I didn't wake up in the night but once. That's a record for me. I want to make my goal tonight, so I'm cutting out TV.
You read it here.......

Yesterday I got a call from Weight Watchers. The normal leader at the Tuesday night meeting called and her MIL isn't doing well. She and her husband are traveling to IL to be with her. She asked me if I could work for her. I told her of course, so I'm working a WW meeting tonight. Didn't sound good on her MIL though...so sad.

Update on my MIL: The husband went to visit her yesterday and she is doing awesome. She moved to the rehab section of the hospital so she can recover. The Dr's are praising her for how well she's doing. My MIL is a tough cookie and a very active 75 year old. She is going home on Friday.
Double Knee replacement isn't easy, but she's adjusting very well.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

I don't watch too much TV. I try not to but I really do like some shows. I can't do without Desperate Houswives. I could probably forgo everything but that. I do watch BL but I don't have to and I am watching DWTS but again I don't have to watch that either. TV can interfere with getting other things done big time or reading books like you enjoy.

Only 5 more days. I can't wait!

Heather said...

It is SO cloudy and sleepy!!! We had to make ourselves get up! Good luck running this weekend! I will say a prayer for you and can't wait to see how you did!

Brandi said...

Ugh and sleet today! Gotta love AR!!! Go check out my blog, I gave you an award! :)