Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Crazy Weather in Arkansas

The weather is just crazy, crazy, crazy.

We've been staying with friends since Monday trying to wait out the big disaster but guess what? It never happened in our area.
Northwest AR got hit hard though. Down power lines, trees, power outages. Yikes, glad I'm in heat with electricity.

Anyhow, tonight we'll be going back home. Home sweet Home! We've had a great time hanging with some friends of ours. Playing monopoly, watching TV, building fires, eating chocolate chip cookies! What more could you ask for?

We've gone to work both days because the roads haven't been bad enough. The bad part is some people drive crazy and fast, resulting in a 15 car pile up in one area. WOW! People here don't know how to drive in this stuff and they often times are either over cautious or hell on wheels.

My eating hasn't been stellar just because we've been at the disposal of others, however, it hasn't been bad either. Not beating myself up over it. I will be glad to get back home and back in the swing of things. I'm hoping to run tonight and tomorrow, then this weekend I'll do 18 miles.

I'm off to get more work done. Yesterday we had a smaller work crew so I was able to knock out some much needed work without multiple interruptions. YEAH!

Have a good Hump Day!

No comments: