Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas Eve


Merry Christmas Eve!

I love this time of year! I am so blessed. I love this time of year to reflect on the true meaning of what Christmas means. I just love the wonderful Christmas story of Mary and Joseph and baby Jesus. The fact the Jesus died for me so that I may have life. I really hope that tomorrow I can reflect on what Christmas is truly all about. Presents, Family, Food...all of that is just part of the season, the true meaning is something wonderful that I hope I never take lightly.

Tonight we head to the inlaws for Christmas. We do our traditional Lasagna dinner. I'm sure it will be loaded with garlic butter bread, desserts, etc. It will be good I'm sure. The MIL really is a great cook.

Tomorrow we start with breakfast at my moms. No small breakfast either. She'll do the lumberjack breakfast with eggs, homemade biscuits, bacon, sausage, gravy, etc. It will be wonderful, it always is. We will then open presents. I come from a large family remember, so we exchange persons. We basically drew in August and we buy for those people. I have two children this year. It is my sisters step children who won't be able to attend, so I won't get to see them open the gifts we gave. I'm okay with that. I hope they like them. Then afterwards we will cook and clean up for our next feast. At 2:00 we will indulge in beef tenderloin, shrimp and grits, homemade rolls, salads galore, and desserts that will go on for miles. My parents do it up right when it comes to celebrations.

Then tomorrow night, I'm heading out for a run! I'll need to work off some of that good stuff that I know I will consume!

I hope all my wonderful Blog friends have a Very Merry Christmas! I'll leave you with me and the husband at Christmas a few years ago. Not sure why he has that smirk on his face?