Thursday, December 11, 2008

Registered for the Phoenix Half!

Don't know if I posted, but i am definitely going to Phoenix. I leave on January 17 and return on the 19th. I found a good deal on a flight and I'll be staying with PNP girls, so the trip should be fairly cheap. The bad part was the race cost $96.00. This is the most I have paid for a race, now given I registered about a month out and most races I try and get the early bird special on. Still...that was pricey in my opinion.

I got in 4 miles last night at the local rec center. It was 39 degrees in AR, and I know for some of my Canadian blog friends that isn't hot, but in Arkansas, brr! So, I opted for a run inside vs. outside. I'm not exactly sure my running plans for tonight. I'll either do 8 or 4 again. If I feel up to a longer one, I'm going to sneak it in. I would love to just run a few short ones this weekend.

Tomorrow night is the office Christmas Party! We all know how fun those can be. The party begins at 7. They will have liquor, but I'll probably let the husband partake in a few, seeing as it will probably be a little miserable for him.

Today I am attending a funeral. A man in our office died over the weekend of a heart attack. So sad. He was 41 years old. It really makes you stop and think how short life can be.

I have 39 of my Christmas cards completed....WOOHOO, I am doing good!

1 comment:

carla said...

wow. life is short and there are, indeed, reminders everywhere not to take a day or a moment for granted huh?

Im off to call the husband at the office.

to tell him I appreciate him.

MizFit