Wednesday, December 3, 2008

5K Run

The run went well I thought. We finished right at 30 minutes. When we got to the location, we were sort of disappointed. They didn't have many lights set up at all. I guess I had a little higher expectations for the dashing through the lights 5K. They were also in need of a few more volunteers. They didn't have the finish line put together well and Julie and I had to dash into another line at the last minute to finish. So, I didn't get a good finishing pose. Oh well, we wanted to finish under 30:00 and I think we would of had the finishing line been a little more organized. I've never run a race that gave you Popsicle sticks each time you made a loop. We had to run 4 loops around a road and each time you hit the loop you got a Popsicle stick. In the end you should of had 4. When were approaching the end it was just crazy and we were not told the ending stop so our time will probably be more like 31 minutes! Again, they just didn't have enough people telling you what you needed to do.

Here is a picture of Julie and I before the run:


It was cold last night so you'll see I am bundled up with several layers and a sweat shirt that I wore for the first loop. Oh and gloves and a hat. I shed it all in the end, but man I had to get going. We also didn't do 4:1. We ran the entire 5K without stopping. I haven't done that in a while. I was proud of my time.
I am also wearing my running tights. I love those things! I'm planning on wearing those this weekend for my half marathon!

8 comments:

Teresa said...

Sorry the lights weren't what you expected. Good luck with the half on Saturday.

TinaGirl said...

It sounds like a great concept and maybe next year will be better as far as lights and organization. you can say... remember that year when they gave out popsicle sticks and there weren't enough lights! You did great not walking and coming in at 30 minutes (or so)!

Brandi said...

Sorry I missed the race! I soo wanted to be there! I'm finally feeling better today! Good luck this weekend! Can't wait to hear about it!

photomama said...

What a great accomplishment. You should be proud of yourself.

Carrie said...

where did you get your running tights? I need a new pair and am not having much luck finding any. So when you usually do your long runs you run for 4 min and walk for 1 the entire run? I am training for a half (my 2nd - but my first was over 6 years ago!) and never thought about training like that. Keep up the great work!

theantijared said...

Good luck! I wish I could run a 5k. I did lose sme weight this year, but no 5k for me :) Great Blog!

carla said...

that's my entire first race goal.
to run a 5k without stopping.
part physical for me and wayyy mental as well.

MizFit

donna said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色