Friday, November 14, 2008

Weird ending to my run last night...

Good Morning!

Friday.......I LOVE Fridays!

I am at home this weekend. All weekend in fact. I'm not sure what all I will do.

I have two nephews having birthdays in the next week so I'll need to buy some presents. I know that is top priority because the birthday celebration is Sunday at my parents house.

Last night was my 10 mile run. I felt really good last night. I mean really good. At about mile 9, I asked the girls if they wanted to do 13? They said "uh no", I wasn't really serious, but I love the fact that when I finish, I still think I can go a little more.

Last night I tried MIX1. I'm not really sure I'm a fan. My run went super. I only fueled once...BIG MISTAKE. Then I let Julie have some of my sport beans...Probably another big mistake. I drank water the entire run, but I'm thinking I didn't fuel enough. So when I got to my car I drank the MIX1 stuff. It was Vanilla blueberry and it tasted like watered down yogurt. NOT SO GREAT! I felt great, then I hit a wall. I got home and was trying to make some dinner. I was going to do whole wheat pasta with a little spaghetti sauce. No big deal. All of a sudden I was shaking and next thing I knew, it was all coming up! I felt so much better afterwards, but I'm not sure what the problem was. Was it the MIX1? Not enough fuel? I swear my body is constantly making me second guess myself.

I choked down some plain noodles after that happened and went to bed. I woke up at 1:00 am STARVING..So I opted for about 10 crackers. I then didn't fall back asleep until 2. This will make for a fun long day!

Today I'm traveling with work to a seminar on Grant Writing. Should be loads of fun when your tired.

Brandi did meet us last night. It was so good meeting her. Looks like we'll be running together every so often. Especially on those long runs!

I haven't logged my food into sparks yet...I will later and post them another time.

3 comments:

Brandi said...

Oh not that's not good that you got sick! I could really tell I didn't fuel up enough! My last couple of days at work have been stressful so I haven't eaten as much food as I know I should. I think I was ok on the water though and the beans helped! I got home and the hubby was like man, you looked tired! I said yeah the girls gave me a run for my money but it was good! Then I hobbled back to the bathroom and jumped in the tub! :D I did enjoy meeting you and had a great run! We'll definitely have to do it again!

Jen said...

I don't know much about running or anything but I am certain that getting sick is not good!!! I hope you are feeling better now!!!

That will definitely make for a long day (the lack of sleep) but like you said it's FRIIIIIIIIIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!

Enjoy your weekend at home!!!

SuperDave said...

I love the runs that feel so good that you just want to keep going. They don't happen often, but great when they do.
Good running!