Monday, November 24, 2008

Plans for Thanksgiving Week

This is my exercise plan for the week:
Monday: 6 mile run
Tuesday: off
Wednesday: 3-4 mile run
Thursday: 3-4 mile run before we leave for inlaws, short walk after lunch
Friday: Off
Saturday: ST
Sunday: 3-4 mile run

I am beginning my 4 day a week running schedule this week in prep for the marathon training. I am following this schedule after my half is over on December 6. For now I am tapering back in preparation for the half marathon in a few weeks. I'll pick back up after it is over and continue on with the long run schedule.

I am really ready to have a good Thanksgiving week. I have my schedule all lined out and it is very doable. I also have a plan for all the Thanksgiving dinners I'll attend. I have 3 this year. My favorite will be my mom's so I'll save up and have most of my indulgences then. I may have small treats at the others, but I want to save up as much as I can for my moms.

Tomorrow is our work party. I am making this cake called "Better than Sex Cake". I have heard of it before and I ran across it in the newspaper. I decided I would make it for the work luncheon. It is basically a coconut cake with pineapple in it. Will see how it turns out. I doubt it is better than sex, but Paula Dean gave it a big review. I'll keep you posted. I actually made it last night because it says to let it sit overnight for a few days. Again, I'll let you know what I think after tomorrow.

MS State was a disappointment. We lost at the very end. Oh well, we always have next year. We have one more game this year. We are taking on LSU on Friday. We will go, but I think they are calling for rain! YUCK!

This weekend I'll be decorating the house for Christmas. I do 2 trees. One will be our normal tree, and then we also do an Arkansas Razorback Tree. Will post pictures of it after I get it all set up.

I also need to begin working on my Christmas Cards. I think the husband and I finally got a good photo of us, so we'll use that for our cards. I need to get going on them though!

3 comments:

photomama said...

I lovethe better than sex cake. It really could take over for at least a day. LOL!

Brandi said...

Girl I'm going to skip out tonight. I'm hoping to get at least 3 runs in this week but we will see. The holidays are really going to mess up my schedule. :D

Yes he did get a severance but it wasn't anything spectacular. It may add up to 2 weeks of pay. :(

carla said...

wait. WHERE IS THE LINK TO THE CAKE??? I NEED THAT CAKE!!!

uh, yes. Im curious about the cake recipe?

MizFit