Friday, November 21, 2008

8 miles and no sickness

After last weeks run, I was nervous about running long distance. Last year I trained for 3 half marathons with no problems at all. This year, well, thats a different story.

I did good last night though. Before I left the house I had a PB/SF jelly sand on whole wheat bread. I then fueled at mile 4 and then drank a Gatorade afterwards. I didn't get sick! Yippie Skippy! I am thinking that part of my problem these last few weeks may be salt. I need more of it. I try to minimize salt due to water retention, but I'm afraid when running,I need it.

On Sunday night I did a cheat meal of Mexican..oh so yummy! Then I ran on Monday with no problems at all. Really good run! I'm wondering if the extra fat and sodium from all those chips/cheese dip/salsa helped? I'm going to try and continue to eat more salt. I'm not interested in salt tablets.....

So, that being said...my run was FANTASTIC!

This weekend we are heading to Starkville, MS. Where is that you say? Middle of no where in MS. Here is Me, the husband and Brandon 2 years ago. This game was special. We clinched the SEC West during that game.....This year...we are just trying to actually WIN a game! My how things change! I also have to post another picture....this is Brandon and I. Same game. Before the game 2 years ago, we went to lunch at Ruby Tuesdays. Next door was a Holiday Inn Express. They had a sign that said GO DAWGS, BEAT THE HOGS...So, what did Brandon and I do? We changed it up! Man oh man, did we get some serious looks from MS State fans inside the restaurant!
Have a great weekend.....

5 comments:

SuperDave said...

That is hilarious on the name change!

Dawn said...

Hilarious about the sign change Jess. You and Brandon are so mischevious!!!

TinaGirl said...

You are so cute... changing the sign! Ha! I too found that I need more sodium in my diet before a long run. I like the bp&j idea too. I'm going to start eating a banana right before a long run and maybe half way through my long runs to see if that helps with my leg cramps... Lots of peeps say it works and thought I would pass it on.

Brandi said...

Awesome on the sign change! Too funny!!

Good job on getting the runs in this week. I have been lazy but with good reason! I plan to do the 12 tomorrow morning! I wonder if they make a cute pair of running snow boots! HA I'm going to need them! It is down right chilly outside!!!!

Kelly said...

Hi, I have been a lurker for awhile now, but feel the need to comment on the salt. I know that you have been drinking A LOT of water...maybe too much??? I recently had a friend in the er that thought she was dehydrated...turns out she was drinking so much water that she diluted all of the good stuff in her system. Just a thought...sorry to bother you