Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Tagged and No Halloween Candy!

I was tagged by Shannon for 6 things about me you don't know. So, here it goes.

1. Before the husband and I got married, the husband was going to be a JAG for the Army. In fact, we had gotten our orders to move to Germany. Right after we married, we had a change of heart and decided to stay in AR.
2. When I was 6, I broke my arm. My sisters and brother were upstairs while my parents were wrapping Christmas presents. This was about 3 or 4 days before Christmas. Anyhow, we were playing that silly game where someone sits on another persons feet and then they hoist you off. Well, that happened to me and I somehow broke my arm. WEIRD. I had to have surgery a few days before Christmas. I had a lovely cast in all of the pictures that year.
3. I have several siblings. All of our names start with the letter "J". Jennifer, Jill, Janna, Jessica, Joseph. My parents are Don and Nancy though.
4. I found out yesterday that I am going to host a show with my father for our local cable company. Then after the first of the year, I will tape more shows with just me. I did a pilot about 3 months ago, and they decided to pick it up.
5. One of my jobs during my lifetime was working for a company that sells foot files. I travelled the U.S. and even England promoting it. That was a fun job, but I was wiped out with all the travelling I did. I also had to drive 50 min from my home everyday into the office.
6. I was once engaged to a guy for a few months before I met my current husband. The guy broke it off. So glad he did. That same guy was killed in a motorcycle accident about 4 years ago.

*******
I am still candy free. Boy it is getting a little harder, but I am still managing to not eat it. Candy is everywhere these days.

I am going to a work conference tomorrow and Friday, so I'll be out of pocket. You may not see me for a few days. I will get to stay with Dawn though so that will be nice. She and I plan on doing some running together.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Jessica,
HOW INTERESTING!! I did not know those things about you. CRAZY!! Congrats on the show with your Dad. That is GREAT!! I didn't even know you were engaged before either. Sorry to hear about the guy that passed away. How sad.

Brandi said...

Always great to learn more about fellow bloggers!

Good job on the candy situation too!! Let's just say in the past two weeks I could become a Twix or a package of Smarties! HA