Friday, October 10, 2008

3 years ago.....


I started the Couch to 5K program! Wow, time has flown by! Here is a picture from my first race! I ran my 5k in 27:11. Julie my friend did it with me. I opted for a no make up day. She didn't! She looks great and I look like a freak. Oh well, lesson learned always look presentable for your race pics!
I look really thin in this picure! It was freezing that day and I had trouble breathing. That was my first 5K. I never ran a faster one after that!

This weekend in Arkansas is the Race for the Cure. I participate in a team every year. In fact, our company does a team and we invite our clients to participate. This year our team is 50 people. That is good for us. I can't participate this year though. We are going to Auburn, AL for the Hog game!
2 years ago I had to miss the game due to the race, so this year I decided I was going regardless. The bosses seemed ok with that. They didn't tell me no!
Here is a picture of the husband and Brandon 2 years ago. They actually had to travel through the night to make it on time!
We won that game by the way...it was awesome!

Brandon and the husband!

Almost forgot...I got my 9 mile run in last night. We went about 5:30, so we were home by dark. The weather was awesome!

I also wanted to share two important numbers with you:

56 Days until the Memphis 1/2.

156 Days until the LR Marathon

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Its amazing how much running changes you and becomes such a HUGE part in your life! Way to go! :)

Shannon said...

Your first 5k was in 27 minutes?! Are you kidding me? Wow! That's impressive! I don't think I've improved too much and I've been running for almost 3 years now... ugh. I can do more mileage, but I doubt I'll ever be close to 27 minutes for a 5k! Good job!