Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Day 6 of the Staying On Track Challenge

Remember I told you all about the August Staying on track challenge that I am participating in? Well, it began on Friday and will run until Sunday August 31. I am right on track with Day 6. I have kept to my promises. I am exercising and eating as clean as possible.

Exercise has been rough, I won't lie. I am not motivated in this area right now. The heat is insane and my exercise time is limited due to outside activities and the fact that I just can't make myself get up at 4:00 am. Some people can do it and those that can...More power to you, but I just can't. I require 7-9 hours of sleep a night. If I could I would, but right now early morning exercise just isn't in the cards for me. So, all that being said, I do my exercising at night. With the heat I can't even begin to think about it till 8:00. Last night I did my exercising at 8:00 and let me tell you, it felt good getting it in and done.

Tonight, we need to do yard work, but then I plan on getting some more exercise in. Part of the challenge is eating right and exercising consistently. I must stay on track.

I have to give a shout out to my friend Dawn...she got in some size 6's.....WOOHOO! Great job Dawn! You hear me talk about her all the time, well, she is a dear friend of mine. We both live in Arkansas about 2 hours from one another. Trust me, I wish I lived in her town. Maybe one day, but that is another story. She and I met on the WW Staying Local Board 3 years ago. Man am I glad we did. We have so much in common....just to mention a few: RAZORBACKS (GO HOGS), weight, running, staying healthy, eating clean, PNP, and the list goes on and on. She is my dearest friend. SO glad that we crossed paths. I post her blog all the time, but here it is again: Dawn you should check her out, she is always so motivating!

Food is good. I need to clean it up just slightly, but for the most part I'm still following Corinne's menus. Corinne is in a competition this weekend and next. This gal is simply amazing. She went from 110 lbs over weight to a phenomenal phitness queen. She looks awesome and will do wonderful in both competitions. She is blogging about it and will probably post some pictures after it is all over. Check her out too! PNP

I must get going. I have a list a mile long of things I must get accomplished!

Day 6 here I come....

3 comments:

Sara said...

It seems to me like you are doing the best you can with exercise! As consistent as consistent gets in that weather!!

Sagan Morrow said...

Great work on staying on track like that! Exercising in the heat can be brutal- thats probably a really good idea to do it later at night (I like my sleep too:)). And that is so awesome that one of your best friends has such similar interests in regards to fitness and all... wish I had that!

Kristy said...

Hi there, I read your blog all the time, and you always mention "clean foods", what exactly do you mean by that? I checked out PNP a little, but didn't quite see it. I am struggling a little bit right now, have about 10 pounds to go, and thought that might help? Thanks...