Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Vacation recap

So, I returned yesterday to work with three deadlines on my desk. One of which I was aware of, the other two I wasn't.
I will get them done, but it stinks to come back from vacation having to bust your rump to get it all done in enough time. I was hoping to sort of ease back into things.

The vacation was great like I said.
It rained 2 times and that was all. It was HOT. In fact, all most miserable at times, but the pool and ocean helped with that.
My uncle has several condos in Destin and he happened to be in town the same week, so we visited with him on several occasions. In fact, one evening he took us to a place called Copper Grill. They had the best steak I have ever eaten. It was to die for.
Then we hit up several different seafood places. I was able to eat crab legs, which I love. Then we also cooked in once. My sister and I went down and bought some fresh seafood from a market and we cooked BBQ Shrimp. So yummy!

Mostly we just relaxed. I read the entire time. It was wonderful. I love vacations that actually let you sit and relax. It was definitely what I needed. I hated to come back home, but I guess if I want to go on vacation, I have to work.

I will tell you that I ate what I wanted when I wanted. I did exactly what "I" wanted. I even indulged in a few nightly beverages. As my nephew called it "adult goodness". I did a crystal light drink, mixed with some Malibu rum and let me tell you, you'll have that thing sucked down before you know it. It was so yummy and so worth it.

Everyday I walked on the beach. Usually it was several times in 15 minute intervals. Sure, I wouldn't call that real exercise, but it was something. I just LOVE walking on the beach with the water hitting your ankles. I swear if I lived in a resort town, I'd be exercising on the beach daily.

Overall, I'll be back next year because I just love the ocean and the beach.

I wish I could share more, but I can't! Work is insane!

4 comments:

Sagan Morrow said...

Relaxing beach walks? Lovely! Thats the perfect kind of vacation.

Jen said...

I am so sorry to hear that you had to come back to all sorts of deadlines...but your vacation sounds SO fantastic!!! I love getaways where it is JUST you!! ALL about you!!!

Alli said...

Ugh coming back to a bunch of work after nice vacation SUCKS!!! Totally sours the relaxed attitude you know?

Lucas said...

I just took a mental walk on the beach with you. There's just nothing better, is there?