Thursday, July 24, 2008

Only 37 days until the first HOG game!

So, we have a count down going. We have count downs for everything.

37 days until our Hogs take on Western Illinois on August 30. We are just so ready. I told the husband yesterday that we are going all out for the first game. Tailgating and all! We just have so much fun! I told him it would be an all day affair. He agreed of course. Our friend Brandon will also join us. We 3 try and tailgate for as many games possible.

For those of you that don't remember we attend ALL football games. Home and away. This year we travel to Texas, Auburn, S. Carolina and Ms. State. Exciting!

The husband forwarded me an article today on Tusk. He is the Razorback Mascot. Here is the article if you are interested: TUSK

Here is a picture of Tusk:

Isn't he just adorable. The article says he enjoys grapes, so I may just need to go by and visit Tusk with a hand full of grapes. Obviously I won't feed him myself, but I may put them in his cage so he can eat them later.

On to the reason I have this blog...
My food is progressing slowly. I am still not 100% on track, but I'm doing much better than I was.

I am thinking about training for another half marathon. It is the St. Jude's Half on December 6. If I am going to do it, I need to start my training in August, so I need to start making some decisions.
I seemed to do better when I was training for something. That seemed to keep me on track better.

I'll keep you posted as to what I decide.




4 comments:

Dawn said...

WOOO PIG SOOIE!!! I am so excited too. Can't believe football season is almost here. I saw the article on our darling little Tusk. You are going to have so much fun at the Texas game. I hope we beat them BAD!!! It won't be easy though. Not sure how solid our team is going to be with some of our elite athletes not around. Only time will tell. I will still support them no matter what.

Sagan Morrow said...

Never been to a football game but that sounds like so much fun!

Susan said...

I'm trying to teach Setler to call the Hogs. We're working on it. Glad you enjoyed the beach. We went in early July and I miss it already! I swear I could live there. You're lookin' great.

The Skinner's said...

Ewww Girl, we are SOOOOO ready,too!
GO HOGS!
Katherine even has a HOGS tutu to wear to the games!
We can't wait for her to experience all the festivities that go along with being a HOG fan!!!
Maybe we'll run into you guys @ a game or two!
We'll be on vacation for the 1st game but that's ok, we won't miss anymore!