Thursday, July 3, 2008

Happy 4th of July a day early....

Happy July 4th. I know I'm a day early, but I won't be blogging tomorrow.
We are attending a cookout tomorrow evening and I'm bringing this recipe. I heard about it on a local radio program that was asking for good July 4th recipes. I've never tried it before, so I have no idea if it is good, but it sounds good. Also, this isn't WW friendly or healthy by any means, therefore I'll only be having a bite.

Hot Pizza Dip
1 pkg. soft cream cheese (8oz)
1 pkg. pepperoni slices
1 Tblsp. chopped black olives
1 Tblsp. Italian Seasoning
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 Tablsp. chopped green bell pepper
1 cup Pizza Sauce

Chop pepperoni and heat in microwave to remove excess oil. Mix cream cheese and Italian seasoning and spread in glass dish. Top with pizza sauce, pepperoni, both cheeses, black olives and green peppers. Heat in microwave until bubbly in the middle. Serve with pita or bagel chips.

I'm thinking I will cook mine in the oven verses the microwave.

Also, as I was typing this up, I realized I could make this healthier by using turkey pepperoni, lighter cream cheese and even lighter cheeses. I may do it.

So tomorrow is a cookout, then to my inlaws on Saturday and then on Sunday probably the pool and some shopping.

Last night the husband and I exercised together. Remember he's been trying to exercise more and get healthier too. We did some lifting and then some of the high intensity training. We sort of adopted our own HIIT. We did 3 minutes walking, 2 minutes jogging, then we did 8-20 second sprints, then we jogged for 4 minutes, walked for 4 minutes, then jogged for 2 1/2 minutes. It was about 25 minutes long in the end. Let me tell you, we did this outside at 6:30. We were soaked! I had a really good workout last night with the husband! We'll be doing that again.

I'm also reading a Danielle Steel novel right now. I just love her. The husband calls it my smut, but who cares. She keeps me interested. I'm reading Dating Game. I use to read her novels all the time, but I sort of got busy and stopped reading her regularly. Anyhow, we went to the library on Saturday so I picked up a couple books I hadn't read. I'm almost done with Dating Game. It has been really good. I love reading at night. It relaxes me. So, for the last few nights I've read while the husband watches the St. Louis Cardinals play.

Well, I have some work to do. The husband is applying for a job and I told him I would get his resume sent off, so I need to do that. Wish us luck, it would be a great job if he got it! His dream job in fact!

Have a Happy 4th of July and be safe!

Jess


5 comments:

Dawn said...

So proud the husband is still at it. I am sure it is so nice to workout together. I can't imagine how sweaty you were in that Central, AR humidity. Great job on not letting that get in your way.

Sara said...

Have a great weekend and 4th of July!!

The Lewis's said...

That sounds like a great workout!
Happy 4th!!!

oh the recipe sounds yummy!

Sagan Morrow said...

Hope your husband gets the job! Whats it for? Also your pizza dip sounds like it'll be very good.

Three Hotties Trapped in Fat Bodies said...

Came over from Diet Coke's blog. The dip sounds great. You are right I am sure you could cut out some calories and points. Can't wait to hear how it tasted. I just recently started WW again