Wednesday, June 4, 2008

New Attitude!


Good Morning! I am back! New attitude and all. I decided I was making myself miserable by drowning myself in my sorrows. I'm the only one that can change my rut, so as of today I'm making some changes.

First of all, if I dislike my current job so much, then it is time to begin seriously looking again.

Second, it is time for the husband and I to make some long term decisions regarding our home and life in general, therefore I'm taking the steps to move forward with those. Several months ago we made a pros/cons list regarding the city we live in. We opted to stay put. We both long to live in the northern part of the state, and really want to move forward with that goal. I'm going to begin the process of 'looking' again. I look often, but so far the right job hasn't come around.

Third, I feel like I'm in a rut with diet and exercise. I hate it that I have to constantly watch what I consume and the fact that I have to exercise 5 times a week. My routine is changing after this week. My latest challenge is over and I'm moving into a new form of a routine. Possible Sprint Tri Training.

Fourth, my food is so-so, but I'm shaking it up. I am going to try something my trainer recommended to another gal. It is taking 3-4 weeks of really good eating with one controlled splurge per week. Then on the 5th week, I'll indulge in 2-3 splurges that week. Then it is back to a tight controlled program for 3-4 weeks. All the while I'm still busting my rump exercising though. We'll see if this works for me.

I'm basically in maintenance mode anyhow, so it isn't like I'm still trying to lose anything. Of course, I'm not saying I don't want to drop a few lbs, but it isn't a huge priority for me. 150 lb size 4 is perfect enough for me.

I'll keep you posted. I'm not officially beginning until next week.
I'm glad today is hump day. I'm looking forward to a weekend at home.

7 comments:

Dawn said...

Yeah Jess! Glad you are back and feeling good!! Please Please move to NWA!! I would love to have you here! I would give that new food plan a try. you might really like it and it might suit you really well.

Jen said...

I know exactly what you mean about the ruts...even with the pros and cons list...I am trying to shake things up as well...and it seems like the more I am stuck in this routine, the crazier I am becoming!! I completely feel your pain!

I hope the new food shake up is more enjoyable as well!!!

Lucas said...

Glad to see you taking control and making some changes. You are so right that YOU are the only one who can change the rut! Great job recognizing that and doing something about it. :)

Sara said...

Sounds like you have a plan to get out of your ruts - way to go girl!!

Side note: you should totally do a triathlon!!! It is so much fun!

Sagan Morrow said...

That's excellent that you're feeling better! Keep it up:)

Susan said...

Good to hear from you. Of course I recognize your face and name. We were gonna build on some land out in Naylor (Vilonia), but after being out here for 4 months, we decided this wasn't the time in our life for it. (Luckily we hadn't closed.) It's too far away from family and friends and town in general. Maybe retirement. Glad you found me through the blog-o-sphere. I'll be sure to check in on ya'll often!

~Les said...

YAY! You are one of the most positive people I have ever met--and that could be why it's SO STRANGE to hear you're going through the blahs. I'm proud of you for the attitude adjustment, and can't wait to hear more about the new program that you'll be starting next week!

~Les