Monday, June 9, 2008

Fast and Furious Wrap up!


Yesterday was the end of the Fast and Furious challenge that I was participating in. I don't have pictures and I don't have measurements yet.
I'll get those soon, but I wanted to report in my accomplishments during this challenge:


1. I lost about 2lbs on this journey. Sure, that wasn't much, and I didn't make my being in the 140's goal, but I did accomplish other things so I'm not sweating it.

2. I am not measuring right now. I am so bloated and I know it won't give me the results I accomplished. I know I dropped inches because I'm now wearing a SIZE 4!

3. During the challenge I tried HIIT for the first time. I think it really does drop the fat, therefore it will probably always be a staple in my routine.

4. My arms are looking HOT!. I made it a challenge to do some ab work and push ups on top of the workouts each day. I did 50 pushups and 100 various ab stuff at least 4 days a week, sometimes 5. My abs are looking better and my arms have really shown some definition that I didn't have before.

5. During this challenge I ran another 1/2 marathon, beating my best time. We ran the 1/2 in 2:12:00. My best time was 2:20 I believe, so I shaved off about 8 minutes.

6. Last, but certainly not least, my hubby has been inspired by my achievements. (It only took a year, but he finally jumped on the PNP bandwagon). My husband is doing so good. This will begin his 4th week on workouts, protein shakes, and HIIT. Remember I told you that he didn't care for HIIT, well, that changed. He is doing about 3-4 HIIT routines a week, on top of 2-3 days lifting, and also 2 days of full court basketball at 1-2 hours each. You guys, I am so impressed with his work. We haven't measured, or taken any updated photos yet. We want to give it a full 4 weeks before doing so, but I can already tell he is made great improvements. His stomach looks leaner, his abs are starting to show some and his arms are getting ripped! In fact, he has made several comments this week, that he really wants to get RIPPED! I am just so excited for him.

So, overall, another challenge has come and gone. I finished all the workouts. (Julie and I did the last one last night). I'm very pleased with my results and I feel good about my accomplishments.

What is next for me: I am thinking about doing the upper/lower repeater and starting the training for a sprint tri.

6 comments:

Jen said...

AWESOME girl!!!!

Sounds like it was an AMAZING challenge for you!!!

And congrats again on hubby, sounds like he is doing great!!!

Lucas said...

What enormous accomplishments! I am so proud of you Jessica! And hooray for hubs for jumping on the band wagon! Together, you guys can do anything! Kudos! Applause!

Alli said...

Wow you are doing so great girl! I am proud of you!!

Cammy said...

AWESOME work! Congrats on those size 4s!

Cara said...

you are quite the inspiration! Good job!

Sagan Morrow said...

Wow! You should be SO proud of yourself. Congratulations for conquering that challenge!