Thursday, June 5, 2008

Black Widow.....



Last night the husband and I were working in the yard. Remember a few months ago I told you that we had put out some new mulch, planted a few petunias, etc. Well, DH was mowing when he ran across a black widow spider in our flower bed. HELLO! I work in that flower bed. Needless to say it freaked me out a little. We tried to kill it, but DH couldn't ever get close enough to it. It was sort of trapped in between 2 rocks and they were rather large. It was impossible. We kept poking at it, hoping it would show its face so we could set our minds at ease. No such luck!

Last night I did a circuit training program. It is the last one in this challenge. I think I've dropped a few inches since working in this challenge, and I've lost about 2-3 lbs, so I'm pleased with that. My arms are looking more defined, so I find that to be a reward in itself. Of course all my pushups are probably helping with that. The circuit training from last night was mostly a leg routine and I'm feeling tight today. Plus my tooshy is sore.

Today we are having a going away party for an employee that is moving to one of our other offices. He was a partner in our office and is transferring to be the President in another. He is my age...HELLO! President of a company at 30. Pretty amazing isn't it. The good thing is he and I got a long fairly well. He is moving to North West AR. The place my Dh and long to live. If I could get to NWAR with the company I'm with now, I would do it. Maybe just a fresh scenery, new people, etc. would help.
Of course, my husband is the bread winner, so I've got to locate him a job first. However, I may put out a few feelers to the guy leaving just so he knows I may be interested if and when the time may come.

5 comments:

Alli said...

OMG black widows are majorly scary. B left his old tennis shoes outside last year for a few weeks and I went to go toss them out and BW spider came out of one of them... THEY WERE ON OUR PORCH! I totally sprayed that porch good after that. SCary stuff!

Liz said...

We lived in TN and we saw Black Widows daily...my girls were even black widow spiders for Halloween! Get some spider spray! Kill before they lay eggs!

What circuit training are you doing? I am looking for a new one. Do you use just free weights?

Now I just lift weights:

Shoulders, quads
chest, hams
back, calfs
biceps, inner thigh
triceps, outer thigh
But a new routine would be fun!

I enjoy reading your blog...good job in the weight loss! And feeling good about your body!

Jen said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! I am TERRIFIED of spiders and omg omg omg....I don't know what I would do if I saw a black widow...EEK!!!

You are absolutely fabulous!!! 2.3 lbs is a great loss especially when you are getting so wonderfully toned on top of it all!!!

I would love to pick the brain of someone who is that young and so accomplished...those people inspire me!!!

Sagan Morrow said...

Its so good to measure fitness success by how sore you feel. Soreness can be one of the best feelings ever.

Liz said...

I saw that you ran the Country Music Half! Good Job! I was training for that when we lived in TN but my husband deployed and all training was put aside until he got back!

Let me know if you ever get out to HI...I am going to run the Honolulu Marathon in December! Want to join me???