Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Why do I do this to myself....


So I've been plugging along no problems right......

WRONG!!!!!!! I ate some chocolate yesterday and more than I should have of. I find that when I deprive myself of items such as my weakness of chocolate I eventually have a binge. I've always done this. So, yesterday I was feeling frustrated with myself for derailing all my hard work.

When I got home I knocked out 100 push ups and then 50 bicycle crunches and 50 oblique crunches. I had to make up for my BLT problems. I did my normal 50 push ups then 50 more for punishment. I also drank 140 oz yesterday of water. Then Julie and I knocked out Week 5 day 2 of the F and F workout along with 20 minutes of HIIT. I worked hard last night and I felt great afterwards. Part of me wanted to quit, but like I told Julie when we were doing some awful move that this was my punishment for that D*AMN chocolate I ate.

So, I mess up too....but I wanted to be fair and admit it. What am I going to do to change this? Well, the chocolate is in my face daily. Our office finds the need to reward us with chocolate. Everytime I turn around it is in my face. UGH! So, I'll just continue to ignore it. I can't let it derail me. It WON'T!

My plan is to make that my cheat for the week. I already told the husband it was a no cheat weekend, so I can do it. I can stick to my plan. Shooting for 120 oz of water again today along with my cooler of goodness!

Back to work....

12 comments:

Alli said...

Kudos for the hard work after the chocolate incicent. It really is about checks and balances. Life will never be perfect so when we have those slips the best thing is to do something to counter it. Great job!!

Lucas said...

Jess,
First, I had a similar experience yesterday with some corn chips. It happens to everyone.
Second, give yourself a break! I got to where I was punishing myself for one slip up too and I'm not sure it's a good place to be. Mentally, it's exhausting trying to strive for this strict perfection (I've been there!). Physically, you should be associating work outs with feeling good, not with punishment for being bad (I've been there too!). I'm working on moderation now, finding a happy medium so that when I do reach a weight that's healthy, it will also be a weight that's maintainable. Managing your weight and living your life should go hand in hand. I'm not saying you should dive into the office chocolate, I'm just saying that eating some chocolate every once in a while is not a punishable offense. You are a good person no matter what you put in your mouth. All of that AND you are really a hot chick so own it! If I could take back all the years I spent hating myself because of my weight.......

Christina said...

wow you are amazing. You had chocolate but didn't let that derail you which is super impressve. You show constant control which I really admire. great job on the work out after the fact...you really kick butt

Christina said...

oh and Jess my man did get the deposit back and the engagement party is the 23rd of August ...thanks for all your concern

Sagan Morrow said...

I do really good for a while and then have sudden uncontrollable chocolate cravings, too. I'll eat a couple chocolate bars for a day or two and then its satisfied until the next major craving... I think the best thing to do is to figure out what works for you. Some people are able to have a tiny square of chocolate every day, but I could never do that- if I have chocolate, it usually needs to be a very large amount.

Good for you for the hard work you did! You're doing so awesome.

Cammy said...

It's great that you got such a good workout in, but I have to admit that I'm uncomfortable with the idea of "punishment". I'm probably hung up in the semantics of it, but it seems wrong to "punish" yourself for being human. Compensating for the extra calories is a Very Positive thing to do, but I hope you can find a way to look at it as a proactive opportunity rather than a punishment. You deserve that!
{butting back out of your business now. *G*)

Jen said...

Wow, sounds like you showed the chocolate who is boss!!!

I agree though ,don't beat yourself up, but you did awesome!!!

~Les said...

Punishment.. LOL! You bust your hump and do so well. I've been with Corinne since October, and this is the first chocolate slip-up I've seen you have (of course, this is also the first time we're teamed up for a challenge--Sexy Seven on three!) You are still gonna look SLAMMIN' in your bikini. OK?

~Les

Rick said...

jouv100 push ups!?! Wow. I could half of that. That is, the half where you let yourself down. The "pushing up" part is the hardest for me.

*ccc* said...

I love that you "punished" yourself with some extra exercise...I've started doing the same thing. Just to kind of keep things in perspective.

But I do agree with some of your other readers--we can occasionally be TOO hard on ourselves. Make sure you keep that in check too (I'll try also, I promise!)

WeightingGame said...

gah - when I worked in an office, there was constantly candy, cake, danishes and all sorts of crap everywhere. Talk about derailing my hard work - I'd have a healthy big bowl of oatmeal with skim milk and fruit for breakfast, then down a couple mini Snickers by 9:30...in the morning! That's when I knew it had to stop.

Amy said...

Way to work off that chocolate Jess!