Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Ready for Change....

Ever tired of the same routine? Burnt out?

This is me...I am so burnt out right now. My schedule is killing me. I'm trying to squeeze too much into a day. My day starts at 5:30 and by 9:00 at night I'm crashing in the bed. I have so little extra time for me. Even time with the husband seems limited.
I go to work...drive 45 min to work, work all day, drive 45 min home, cook dinner, clean it up, exercise for an hour, come home, take a shower, etc. (that was me in my monotone voice by the way).

I'm just burnt out....maybe I need a vacation, maybe I need a new job. I don't know what it is. I'm just tired of the regular plain jain routine.

Last night I selected to walk for an hour as my exercise. Deep down inside, I wanted to cancel on my friend and just stay at home. I did it though. She and I power walked for 1 solid hour and I felt okay about that. I knew if I did some strength training it would've been a half assed attempt, so we walked instead. I'm tired too from my long weekend, so it was nice just to talk and walk.

I'm thinking it may be time to start looking for a new job again. I've been with this company 3 years next month. I'm just burnt out here too....

I don't know if I told everyone or not, but I lost one of my WW meetings. It was a small at work meeting. I'm okay with it. They have a lady that worked in the company that was a trained leader. She should've gotten the meeting from the word go but the reason was due to internal issues. I think some thought it was a conflict of interest because she works with them, would know what they weighed etc. I asked her to sub for me 2 weeks ago due to work conflict, and they decided the conflict of interest was no longer. So, they called me last week to break the news. I was cool with it. I'm still leading one other at work meeting and then my normal weigh in meeting.

I'm still working on that big birthday party that my company is having tomorrow night. I can't wait for Friday! It will all be over.....

8 comments:

Andrea said...

Jessica, I know exactly what you mean. I have been really burnt out lately too. I am bored with eating the same things all the time and exercising the same way. I have 9.5lbs to go til goal and I am trying to shake things up. You are doing great though, keep up the good work.

Dawn said...

Jess, I am sorry you are bummed. I am proud of you for doing the 1 hour power walk though. I know it would have been so easy to just not do it but you didn't do that. I hate that about your WW meeting but oh well, good for that other lady too and more convenient for her since she works there too. At least you still hav those others and maybe you will get another one soon if you want it. Maybe 2 is enough for now with your already crazy schedule. Hang in there girl. Friday will be here soon!

Malinda said...

Jess I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. I'm hitting the 3 year mark wiith my company and I feel totally unappreciated, I don't get payed properly for all that I do and on and on. And since working here I have gained 45 lbs in 3 years. I use to think I'll work here long enough to get our mortgage (check) in place and then get a mat leave out of the company when we have our first and then focus on my own small biz and never come back... but the more and more I struggle with my weight and my lack of motivation I understand better then ever that loosing weight and becoming pregnant may never happen the way I want it to staying in this current job. So the job hunt is in progress.

I'm so burnt out that even working on my small business is hard and I love it, photographing people is so fulfilling for me and yet I can't even find the ambition to finish my new website!

I guess loosing the other meeting was just the worlds way of taking some stuff off your plate so you might better able to find time for you!


http://minname.blogspot.com/

Sagan Morrow said...

Those long commutes can be brutal! It sounds like you need some time to relax and be by yourself. Schedule a bit of alone time sometime soon; you'll feel better for it.

Alli said...

I completely understand that feeling. Sometimes you just need a change. I hope you can find what you are looking for so you can feel like you are refreshed again!

Marianna said...

I've just come across your blog and it sounds like we've been going through the exact same thing this week! I definitely feel overdue for a vacation and a new job..

I hope you feel better soon. The weekend is almost here!

Jen said...

It sounds like you are suffering from MAJOR burnout!!! I was feeling like that a few weeks ago just before my hours changed...but my 45 min drive to work was due to traffic, now it is a 6min drive, I am certain that isn't the same for you????

Perhaps to get more "hubby" time you schedule a date night??? Danny and I make at LEAST 2 nights a week where we can't plan anything else, just US time...plus we take our walks together and use them as time to catch up on our days (I also get him to help with cleaning the kitchen after dinner so it isn't all on me...)

Hopefully you can find something that works for you...you don't want to keep going like this!!! Take care of yourself girl!

Big Girl said...

I am soooo with you! I am burnt to a crisp as well. My days start early like your and I am super tired by 9 and (hopefully) asleep by 10 at the latest.

Great job on walking though. I know it's hard to get motivated when it's late and you've already had a full day but I'm sure you felt better after. It's things like that which make a big difference.

hang in there.