Monday, May 19, 2008

The Husband is on board....




This weekend the husband informed me he's interested in toning up and losing a little weight before we head to the beach.

All weekend we planned out some exercises, set a few goals, and worked on our food. I hope the husband is serious. I think he is. He seems really dedicated. For instance, yesterday he played baseball with my nephews for several hours, then he and I went on a little 30 minute walk, then we both hit the crunches and push ups to finish the day out.
Let me also remind you, I did ST and HIIT with Julie, so between the two of us, we got in some great workouts.

I decided to challenge the husband to push ups and crunches each night before bed. We didn't really set a number of each, we just both want to do something in these areas before the day ends. So last night I did 50 bicycle crunches, 50 oblique crunches, and then 50 pushups. It is a start. The husband did push ups on his toes, and some crunches as well. Small steps.......

I also cooked a healthy dinner for us. I always cook healthy, but he will eat larger portions or I'll make him his own rice etc. Last night we ate the same amount of food, and he said he felt very satisfied when he was finished. I did Fajita's last night and they were excellent. I used a low carb tortilla, and he used a regular flour tortilla, but other than that, we ate the same amount of food.

Last night I meant to take a photo of him, so I need to do that. We have 8 weeks until our beach vacation and I think with decent eating, ST 3 days a week and some extra abs and pushups he'll be lookin smokin in 8 weeks.

I am excited to have him on board with me. That means no more challenging meals, etc. He is going 1 MB a week too, so that means we'll celebrate those meals together and the rest of the time be on a good plan. I usually do okay with this, but it will help if he is watching too!

I have a busy week and a huge weekend. More details to follow on that later!

8 comments:

Alli said...

That is so awesome. I wish I could get my man motivated like that!! Way to go!

Sagan Morrow said...

That's a good bonding experience. It helps to have that kind of support when someone else is in it with you!

Becca said...

Woohoo for your hubby being onboard. I hope that he sticks with it for you sake! Wish we lived closer than maybe our hubbys would do something together while we go to the gym and kick butt! :)

The Lewis's said...

Hey Jess,
That is great that your hubby is on board now. It makes things so much easier when you both are eating healthy and exercising!

Stacia said...

Hello. I was given your name by a coworker to see if you would be interested in instructing a WW group here at City Hall. Please email me at swilliams@littlerock.org

Thanks so much!

Jen said...

That is so awesome Jess!!! I find things SO much easier when Danny is on board with me...he usually just eats a little more than I do...but he is happy at his weight, just wants to tone up a little...

I also find that now (that I am more active) we do so many more things outside together...it's awesome!!!

You two are going to be one SMOKIN hot couple in 8 weeks!!! (not that you aren't already, just slightly more TONED Smokin hot!)

~Les said...

It's always so much easier for me when my husband's into it. Then I don't have to hear comments like, "is this low-fat?" or "there's so much fiber in this.' Ugh. LOL! I'm glad Daniel's on board. You'll BOTH be smokin hot when you go on vacay!

~Les

Erin said...

I would almost kill to have my husband on the weight loss journey with me. He will eat "diet food" but he eats about three times as much as I do...not exacly healthy.

You two are going to be the hottest parents around!