Thursday, May 29, 2008

Busy as a bee...

Today is the big company 45th Anniversary Celebration. I know that this day will be a long one. I will work from 7 am to at least 10 pm, so I'll be dragging tomorrow.

I just hope it all goes well. I feel like I have to be on my game to make a good impression. I've been around catering my entire life. I know the ins and outs, I just hope it all goes off without a hitch. I'm relying on 20 employees to help me out. It will be a miracle if one or two of them don't fall out before the evening is over.

We are having an event on an old railroad bridge. Our city (Little Rock, AR), did a conversion of an old railroad bridge to a pedestrian bridge (this is it to the left), It connects two cities over the AR River. It really is a neat attraction. The company I work for did the engineering work, so it is sort like our baby. It just had its grand opening 2 weeks ago, so this is our chance to show it off and celebrate our birthday. It will be a neat party. The views will be awesome overlooking the river, downtown and several other big attractions including President Clinton's Library, a new ball park etc.

Should be neat.

So, last night I did a really good ST workout. In fact, don't tell, but we doubled up last night and did 2. I knew if I didn't get them in, I wouldn't. So, my friend Julie and I did two ST workouts and then finished it up with a short little walk. We worked out for a solid hour. It went great.
Then last night, I went back to Julie's because her husband's 32nd birthday was yesterday, so I did indulge in a small bite of cake and a little ice cream. OH my, very yummy!


Wish me luck today. I want it all to turn out perfectly.




4 comments:

Lucas said...

What a cool location for a party! Hope everything goes well for you. Let us know how it turns out.

Sagan Morrow said...

Good luck! Everything will be great. Good job on the workout!

Alli said...

That sounds like such a cool party!!! I hope it goes smoothly. Take some pics if you have time!

Erin said...

Sounds like you are going to have a busy day woman! Hope everything goes off perfectly and way to go on the two ST and walk!