Thursday, May 22, 2008

6 Years and Counting.....

On Sunday the husband and I are celebrating our 6 year wedding anniversary. So I thought I would take a walk down memory lane and share some of our wedding photos: This is the husband and I....May 25, 2002 was our wedding date. This is the two of us cutting the grooms cake. It was a chocolate cake layered with a blackberry filling. It was to die for.
This was me and my sister before the wedding. We were making sure the lipstick was perfect. I loved my dress. It was a Ramona Keveza. I found it in a bridal magazine, and the day we went wedding dress shopping, it was the first dress I tried on. I knew then it was the one. I did try on others, but we eventually went back to that first dress.
This was also me before the wedding. I loved my Tiara and Veil. After the wedding was over, I took my dress, veil, tiara, and shoes back to my mom's and she kept them for a while. We thought the veil had been lost and I was just sick about it. Thanks to my SIL, she found it for me! It was 3 years later, but it did get found.

This is me and the bridesmaids. I LOVE the color Orange! In fact, it is my favorite, so I knew I wanted orange dresses. The gal on the far left is my friend Jennifer, the rest are my sisters. Jennifer is behind me, then Janna, and Jill is in front. Yes, all of us have J names..even my brother who isn't pictured. His name is Joe. (Exscuse the iron and junk in the background. I couldn't cut anymore of it out or I would chop my sisters head off.).

This was my wedding cake...I found it in a magazine also, and my aunt recreated it for me:

So, that was the wedding. I have more pictures of the DH and I, but I only brought these few. I'll leave with our going away picture. It isn't the best photo, because it shows us from behind, but you get the picture. I LOVED my going away dress too. I found it at a consignment shop. I love that dress, too bad it was a size 12, it swallows me up now!

So, 6 years down and many more to come....maybe even a baby this year? WooHoo! (If the husband reads this, he is probably fainting as we speak). Haha!

13 comments:

~Les said...

Congrats to you and your hubby, Jess! This year was DH and my 6th anniversary as well! :0)

So, you really love ORANGE? I can't believe that. It's my favorite color as well, and when someone asks WHY that is my favorite color, I always tell them because it's beautiful and misunderstood--just like me!

~Les

Dawn said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY JESS!! You looked beautiful on your wedding day and so happy. CONGRATULATIONS! Enjoy your special day with DH!

Dawn said...

Oh, and as much as you love the HOGS and you can't stand TN and TX, I can't believe your favorite color is ORANGE!! I mean come on Jess, where is the Razorback love???

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alli said...

Happy Anniversary!! My 3rd anni is next week on the 28th!
Hope you have an awesome weekend and thanks for sharing the beautiful pics!!

Andrea said...

Congratulations! That is so neat that you have so many siblings. I think it would be neat to have so many sisters. Good for you on getting in shape BEFORE pregnancy. You'll be glad you did afterwards when your body looks good again.

Sagan Morrow said...

Aw, happy anniversary! Thanks for sharing the wedding pictures, they're so pretty.

Jen said...

Aw congrats to you and your husband!!! 6 years is fantastic and you seem just as much in love!! Enjoy your weekend girl! Your pictures are beautiful!

The Lewis's said...

Happy Anniversary Jess! Looks like you had a beautiful wedding!

mamachristina said...

congrats, You were a beautiful bride.

Amy said...

You were so pretty on your wedding day Jess!

Happy Anniversary, and happy baby making! ;)

Sara said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Lucas said...

What a lovely walk down memory lane. You guys look great! Thanks for sharing.