Friday, April 4, 2008

Tornado Sirens during the night....



Last night about 11:15 the husband woke me up to tell me the Tornado Sirens were going off. Nothing like be awaken by sirens. Everything was okay and the Tornado never touched down, but they were warning us of rotation. I guess it is better to be safe than sorry. So after about 12:30 I was finally able to go back to sleep.


The Hogeye 1/2 Marathon is in 2 days! I'm ready, just a little nervous about my foot. I am currently on a regimen of Asprin every 3 hours. I've always heard that asprin is a good anti inflamatory, so I'm trying to pop those when I can. I'm also sticking to flip flops and house shoes. Yes, I look cute. In fact the boss yesterday made some comment about my house shoes so I had to explain my injury.

Last night I zipped over to Target to see if I could find me a "cheap" running shirt to wear for the race. I was only looking for a certain color and price. Yes, I am a true bargain shopper. Guess what, I found exactly what I was looking for at $9.99 and then a cute little jacket cover up for $3.49. I was beyond pleased with the results of my shopping adventure.

On Monday I'll post pictures galore. The husband plans on following me around the route and taking photos.

Wish me luck....

5 comments:

Lucas said...

Jess,
Kick some Hogeye ass! You'll do great. As for all the extra stress, leave it at home when you go to the race. That's YOUR time and yours alone. When your feet are pounding the pavement, focus on just your race and not the chaos in your life. It's YOUR race, get out there and run it!

Funny sidenote, where I live we have "Pig's Eye". It's not the name of a race but it's actually the original name of what is now Saint Paul, MN. But we do have Pig's Eye beer.

Jen said...

Good call on the aspirin...I really hope your foot starts to feel better!!!

I can't believe it's only two days away! that's so exciting!!!

I was terrified reading about your tornado sirens!!! Kind of makes me glad to live in a place like I do!!! (Tornado's are one of my biggest fears!!! Irrational, I know!)

Erin said...

Tornado sirens, sore foot and all you still made it shopping. I love that shirt. Thanks for sharing and good luck in your race!

Christina said...

oh my 2 days away you must be super excited...I am routing for you. I hope your foot heels up real fast. have your tried icing it, that usually helps with the inflamation. Or if you know of a great acupuncturist in the area, they work wnders for getting rid of pain right away :)

Amuldoon said...

Looking forwawrd to your race report!