Thursday, April 10, 2008

Thanks!

Wow...thanks to my blog friends I had some great ideas on alternative breakfast ideas. I will try these.

Next week I'm trying something new. In fact it is basically a list of foods my trainer put together. She gives ideas on foods and I'm going to stick to it. For instance, one morning for breakfast instead of oatmeal, I'll have a smoothie with protein powder and fruit or maybe an omelet with spinach, etc. Starting Monday, I'll post my food journal so you can see some of the things I'm eating. It means more prep, but I'm willing to give this a shot. I can exercise till the cows come home, but my main struggle is food. I'm addicted! I just basically eat to maintain right now.

I've got 92 days until my summer vacation and I need to focus hard to shed about 5 lbs. It can be done, but it will take food prep and determination.

I'm also still in running mode. I'll run my next half marathon in a little over 2 weeks. After it is over my exercise is going to change slightly. I'm thinking about doing a routine my trainer put together. I'll give more details on that later. It will be more ST and less cardio. I haven't officially decided, but I'm really giving it serious thought. I think my body is ready for a serious change. Not only food, but exercise. I've been in long distance running mode since August with some Strenth training thrown in. I'm just thinking it may be time to shock my body!

More details on the shock to come!

10 comments:

Jim Purdy said...

It sounds like you're really moving along, literally. I like the idea of using diet suggestions from a trainer. I don't exercise much (yet), but I'm working closely with a nutritionist to develop a healthful diet for myself. Thanks for sharing your story!

Jen said...

GOOD call on shaking your body up!!! that is important!!!

I am a FIRM believer in planning and prepping...it helps me stick to the plan!! I totally didn't think to say smoothies yesterday!! They are a saving grace when I don't have much time (and since I pureed my fruit, it is just THAT much easier!)

Lucas said...

Sounds like a great plan Jess! It gets so much harder to lose weight the closer we get to our goal weight. But it sounds like you've got the right attitude and all the tools in place to do just that. Way to go!

Christina said...

Corrine knows how to kick butt and I am sure she is going to whip you into shape in no time. Those 5 lbs will be gone in no time. I am trying to eat a little different too but struggle all the time, food is always harder that the workouts. Hope your foot is better and that the 1/2 marathon in 2 weeks will be a breeze :)

Shannon said...

Thanks for stopping by and for your support!

Sagan Morrow said...

I'm looking forward to seeing what your food plan will be like! Have you been with your trainer for very long?

Steph said...

Hey thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a note.....so I got to reading your posts and i have to say that I'm hooked.....sounds like we have a lot in common. I am struggling with food addiction, managing exercise, pre-pregnancy stuff, etc.......so I'll definitely be back to read up on how and what you are doing. BTW - sometimes I'm a copycat if I see someone who knows how to eat so I may ride on your coat tails, if you don't mind???

Thanks again and I look forward to getting to know you!!

*ccc* said...

I'm really looking forward to reading your food journal.

While I'm usually great with lunches and dinners, breakfast for me, is a challenging meal. It doesn't help that it's the meal I eat before working with my trainer. Poor woman, a few times I've felt myself ready to upchuck on her.

Good luck with finding the right fit for you! :)

(And thank you for stopping in to check on me...I was out of town for business, but finally, back to normal!)

Ready Maid said...

Hi! And thanks for stopping by over at Ready Maid. Yep, I live in Hot Springs; and the next time you come to visit your in-laws, let me know, and we'll hook up!

Count me in with the ones who are eager to read your food journal. Last week, a food journalist told me she buys steel cut oats and browns them - either in a black iron skillet or in the oven - before cooking them, to get a nutty flavor. I add chopped apples and raisins.

But my favorite thing is sprouted grains bread with a thin spread of peanut butter, topped with about 25 raisins and a teaspoon of good honey. I could eat that every day. Honestly.

Erin said...

I too look forward to reading your food journal...I need to get on a better track with breakfast too. Smoothies sound like a good idea.