Thursday, April 3, 2008

Stressed Part 2!

I am stressed!

I am so busy right now at work, my life outside my job is busy, and on top of all of that the 1/2 marathon is in 3 days! I'm feeling very stressed about it.

I have slight discomfort in one of my feet. It is right under my big toe on my right foot. It is almost as if my shoes are rubbing the bone. I did recently get this pair (2 months ago). This is the exact shoe I bought last time because I had no trouble with it. I am trying to rest my foot, not wear any shoes and take it easy. It is okay to run on, but I know I'm pushing it too much.

Then work is beyond hectic.

I've got family in town this weekend and I am heading out of town. It is my cousin and her husband and they are currently going through a rough time in the marriage. They've been separated 3 times now and they are trying to work things out again! My mom wants me to be able to encourage and visit with them, but I don't know when I'll be able too. Then my MIL is really sick with the flu. The husband doesn't call his mom like he should, therefore he didn't know she was so SICK. Then she wants us to come down Friday night to visit with some other family in town. I really don't want to go because she's been sick...UGH If it isn't one thing it is something else. I'm being pulled in abut 500 different directions. I know I am being selfish, but I have had this run/weekend planned for months and all of a sudden everyone wants me to pull through and be at EVERY little event.

My WW meeting today was awesome. They lost some weight! Good amount too. I weighed about 20 people and they lost about 35 pounds! WOW. They rocked this week! I also had a good talk about food triggers and feelings. They even participated. It was by far a huge improvement from last week. I was VERY pleased! They also seem to be warming up to me.

Now, I've got to get some work accomplished!

Last night I did abs and push ups! No running, I have opted to rest from now until the race in hopes I can heal my foot! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Jen said...

OOH, your foot sounds painful!! Good thing you are resting it for a bit!! Got to be in tip top shape for your run!!!

That's nuts that you are being pulled in so many directions! I am notorious for just letting people plan things for me....but lately I have started saying no because I just can't handle it all!!!

I hope things calm down for you!!

Erin said...

Rest is always good before a big event. Take care of yourself, I'll be looking for updates!