Friday, April 18, 2008

Omelet in a Bag!

Several of you asked about this, so I thought I would just post it:

ZIPLOC OMELETS
This works great !!!
Crack 2 eggs into the quart size Ziploc bag shake to combine them.
Put out a variety of ingredients such as: cheeses, ham, onion, green pepper, tomato, hash browns, salsa, etc. Shake it up. Make sure to get the air out of the bag and zip it up. Place the bags into rolling, boiling water for exactly 13 minutes. You can usually cook 6-8 omelets in a large pot. For more, make another pot of boiling water. Cut the bags and the omelet will roll out easily.

I did it this morning and I like doing it because of the mess. When I scramble it at home I have a pot to wash, plus a bowl, etc. With the ziplock method the mess is quick and easy.
They tasted the exact same as scrambled eggs. It is just a preference on how much time you have. For me, I don't have much, so I like this technique a little better!

Good luck and happy omeleting! :)

9 comments:

Alli said...

What a cool idea!!! I am going to try it this weekend!

Sara said...

wow! definitely never heard of this trick before!

*ccc* said...

Okay, I think I have to try this! :) Thanks for posting...

As to the trainer, ha, funny you should ask.

I can barely walk and am begging DH to see if we can squeeze a massage into the budget this weekend. Cause OWWWWW!

(In other words--she's so doing her job!)

Swank Girl said...

what a great idea! I'm going to try this on the weekend!

Christina said...

I can't wait to try that, it sounds yummers. I think you look so great in your pic, pink really suits you. I am going to get the book tonight as mentioned on PNP, can't wait. Have a great weekend

Sagan Morrow said...

I've never thought of that idea, but it makes so much sense! Can't wait to try it.

Linds said...

Wow... i'm definately going to be trying that out! I'm so lazy in the morning, and I usually grab something that I can eat/drink in the car, because i'm not going to make something that creates loads of dishes in the morning.

Oh, and I can't wait to hear how you like the book! I'm always looking for a good read!

Erin said...

That is a fantastic idea, With three little ones who all want their own omlets it will be a life saver! Thank you Jess!

Lucas said...

I've actually had these before and they were SO fun to make. We were on a trip with a big group of friends and everyone just put whatever fixings they wanted in their bag and then put their name on it. It worked out great.