Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Nashville Half Marathon Update! 2:12:45


My weekend was A-W-E-S-O-M-E!
Friday morning we got up bright and early and drove to Nasvhille, TN. It is about 6 hours from Arkansas, so the drive wasn't too long.
That evening we did some carb loading. Here is a picture of the group:

This is Trish, Bill, Kate, Dawn, and Me!

We all crashed early because to get to the race on time, we had to leave at 5:45. The crummy part is about 3:30 that morning it started pouring down rain. Here are some photos of us before the rain. Notice the trash bags!

This is Bill, Trish, Me, Kate, Dawn and then Lorie and Corinne. They were our cheering section!

Here are few after race photos:

Me, Trish, Kate, Dawn, and Corinne


Dawn, Jess, and Julie-Kissing our medals!

Dawn and I with the Nashville background

Overall, I finished in 2:12:45. I was beyond pleased with my time. I was shooting for 2:05:00, but I will take that time. I came in at 8,445 out of 21,398 half marathon participants.


Later today I'll post the after race pictures! We went down to a club called McFadden's on 2nd Street! We had so much fun! I'll post those once I get them.


3 comments:

Sara said...

great pics - looks like a ton of fun!

Sagan Morrow said...

How exciting! You all look so happy. And the carb loading looks tasty:)

Lucas said...

Awesome pics! So inspiring! I have a 4 mile race this weekend, my farthest ever so this is just what I needed! Thanks Jess!