Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I rocked last night.....



Yesterday I got a call from a friend to sub for a BUNCO party. Well, if you've ever played, you know most Buncos are all about food and fun. I knew it was going to be a challenge. So yesterday after I got home, I only had about 15 min before I had to jump in the car to go. I grabed a quick protein shake and a protein bar. I drank the shake before I left my house and then grabbed a bottled water for the road. When we got to the party the food was SO NOT HEALTHY! She served a chicken/rice dish and a shrimp/rice dish. She also did a side of Veggies. Oh and on top of that, she had homemade BEER bread! So what I did was a I put on my plate one small bite of both of the rice dishes. When I say small I'm talking maybe the size of a half dollar. Then I loaded my plate with the veggies. I had NO beer bread and I drank 3 glasses of water while playing. She did have a few peanuts so I grabed one small handful of those. I refrained from the delicious dessert she had too. One was lemon and the other chocolate (oh my, my downfall). I didn't have any dessert, instead I ate my homemade protein bar and drank my water! The kicker was I won the most Bunco's so I even came home with a little CASH! $$$$$! ChaChing!


So yesterday my food slightly changed from my orginal plan. I also didn't exercise since I got in late from playing Bunco.


However, I did do my 100 push ups. I am making a point to do 100 pushups a day regardless of time. It only takes about 5 min tops to do them. I'm a wuss and I do them on my knees, but my arms are feeling it trust me.


Food for today:
B:2 egg white, 1 egg omelet, canadian bacon, light cheese, tom, orange
S:Hummus/Pita
L:SBD Pizza
S:FF yogurt, raspberries
D:Salad with grilled chicken, light dressing
S:Protein shake

13 comments:

Erin said...

Sounds like you had a great day! I've never heard of bunco...maybe i'll google it!

Cara said...

You can do 100 push ups????????? What? That is amazing!

Jen said...

Sounds like you had a blast!! And that is so flippin amazing how well you did with the food choices!!!

You rock girl!!

Christina said...

that is so amazing, what will power.You must feel so proud of yourself,I know I would :)

mamachristina said...

Great will power, it just goes to show you can do anything when you put your mind to it.

Sagan Morrow said...

Wow, good job! And nice on winning the money! I'm impressed with your 100 push up ability.

Amuldoon said...

I never realized how amazing pushups were until I took a bootcamp class to get ready for my wedding. I couldn't believe how quickly they tone you up! I do 50 pushups/ 50 real sit ups every day too!

My half is May 25... National Capital Half in Ottawa. YIPEEEE!

ashley said...

That is a huge accomplishment! A (non-scale) victory!

Sara said...

congrats on a great weigh in (yesterday) and great willpower and on winning some moolah!

Jenn said...

Wow, you did such a great job with the food!! I totally would have caved. You do rock!!

100 pushups???? Holy cow girlfriend!!! I'm so jealous. I can do 20 or so. I bet your arms are ripped!

Linds said...

Hmmm I've never heard of bunco! I'm going to have to look it up! Good job at winning the money! Also, good for you for limiting yourself to the unhealthy food! It's so hard when there are so many temptations!

Alli said...

Girl you are such an inspiration! Way to go on the great eating, and sticking to your plan while having a good time.

mereimahog said...

Great job! Are you running in the Country Music Marathon with Dawn?

Meredith