Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Happy Admin Day!





Today is Administrative Professionals Day. While I really don't fit into this category, they always include me in. Last year I got the honor of planning it with about a days notice and things were not great. Someone started it, but I got to finish it up. Needless to say it wasn't up to "my" standards, so this year, I took it upon myself 2 weeks ago to tell them I would be planning it this year. So I decided to book the local Arts Center for lunch and a tour of some of the art exhibits. I am also presenting each women with a gift. Here is what I did. I stamped each ones name on it and then inside we have a cute light blue polo with our companies logo on it. I had been approached by several in the office for a shirt, so they are finally get what they wished for. I hope they are all pleased. This was the finished product:


Exscuse the nasty carpet. We are still stuck in the 70's around here!

Exericse yesterday was a short run of 3 miles with a 1 mile walk included, plus 100 push ups. Let me clarify by saying I don't do those on my toes. I am a wuss and I do them on my knees. I can't take all the glory. Trust me, the 100 aren't getting any easier either.

Today the food should still be on target as usual. We are going to lunch, but I plan on having a salad of some sort.

I just have a few short days until I leave for Nasvhille. I am excited my next half marathon is almost here!

I gotta jet. I have so much going on at work right now...thats the reason I'm posting so late today!


9 comments:

Sara said...

Happy Day to you! I can't wait to read your race report since it will be my first!

Christina said...

that is so crafty of you, is there anything you can't do :0 Girl you rock!

The Skinner's said...

TOO CUTE! And what a nice lunch you planned!
I did receive flowers from my boss!!!
Have a good day, Jess!

Jen said...

Aw, that is really sweet of you to do all of that!! My boss forgot and he told me that my ride to work this morning was my gift...um thanks...

I love the bags you did up!!! So cute!!!

Enjoy your lunch out today!!!

Sagan Morrow said...

Such a nicely presented bag! And 100 push ups of ANY kind is really awesome.

Cara said...

wow, 3 miles is a short run huh? you rock. and 100 push ups on your knees or on the toes is still something to be happy about :-)

Steph said...

Gee I wish that we had people like you in my office!! What a nice thing you did.

Oh and in my catching up on everyone's blogs.....WOW - you are rocking it. How long have you been a member of PNP?? I keep thinking that i need the accountability and some guidance with the ST?? Any insights??

Amuldoon said...

Those bags are beautiful! Way to go Jess... :)

Heather said...

Hey woman, thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm finally back on track with ST workouts and amazed at how much strength I lost so fast. Dangit! I'll bookmark you and check back often! Staying healthy in pregnancy has been a lot harder for me than I expected. A lot.