Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Day 2!

Day 1 was a success, now on to Day 2. I did have a few changes in my food, so I'm going to go and edit yesterdays food post. Last night after I got my hair done, got home, ate dinner, packed lunches, it was 8:30. I was so exhausted. I decided not to exercise last night. I felt okay about it because I had exercised all weekend.
Here is the new hair! Same thing as I always do, but I thought I'd share.


Oh, and these are my new running shoes! Sorry to say, these were at a local running store, so it would be impossible to share the deals with all my online blog friends.


Tonight is Biggest Loser! Who do you think will win? I'm not sure yet. I sort of hope Kelly wins, but I would be happy with Ali too! I just think it is time for a women to win the $250,000!

Exercise: I will exercise tonight! New routine, will post about it tomorrow
Food:
B:2 egg whites, 1 egg, spinach, tomato and an orange
S:1/2 ww pita, 2 tbsp hummus, sprinkle of sunflower seeds
L:Salad, grilled chicken, 1 egg, light dressing
S:Protein Bar, Apple
D:SBD Pizza, veggie
S:Protein Shake

Petite Flower asked me about the protein bars. Here is the recipe!

Homemade Protein Bars:
3 ½ c old fashioned oats
1 ½ c powdered non-fat milk
4 scoops low carb chocolate or vanilla protein powder
1 c sugar free maple syrup
2 egg whites, beaten
¼ c orange juice
1 t vanilla
¼ c applesauce (naturally unsweetened)
Directions:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Spray 9x13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
Mix oats. Powdered milk & protein powder. Blend well.
In separate bowl, combine egg whites, maple syrup, oj, applesauce and vanilla, blending well.
Stir liquids into dry mixture until blended. Gets thick so use those muscles
Spread into sprayed baking dish.
Bake about 20 minutes or until edges are crisp and brown.

Servings: 10 bars
Calories Per Serving: 155 cals/15g fat/23g carbs/15g protein/4g fiber

I've made these before with my orange protein powder and I added in dried cranberries. YUM! You would just want to add in the cals for the cranberries. These aren't awesome, but they aren't bad either. I feel better eating these than I do a store bought Marathon Bar or something like that.

13 comments:

Erin said...

I love your hair! And the homemade snack bars sound yummy. I think my kids might eat them too. I might have to make some over the weekend!

Dawn said...

20Jess, I was going to tell you the same thing you told me. "Great food day yesterday". My scale is already showing me some love and is down .2. WOO HOO I will take it. Your hair looks really good and your shoes are cool!!

Dawn said...

About the protein bars - I make these too and I actually really like them. They are among some of my favorites. I put a package of slivered almonds in mine for a little crunch.

Cara said...

I love your hair cut! How cute!!

Felicia said...

WOW I love the new hair cut!! Looks beautiful!!

Have a WONDERFUL day!
*huggles*
=0)

Jenn said...

Your hair looks adorable!!! If I was getting married soon, I'd totally be going to the hairdresser to copy your cut.

And I LOVE the new sneakers!!! I'm really into fun sneakers right now - those are awesome!

Christina said...

love the hair..super style. thanks for the protein bar recipe, I'll give them a whirl this weekend :)
Go Ali GO!!! Her transformation is incredible

Jen said...

OOh, your hair is gorgeous!!!! Ever since I cut mine I seem to be doing the same thing over and over again, but honestly, it looks good, so why change it??? (I meant that about yours as well as mine, it totally suits you!)

I am DEFINITELY going to make those bars! What a great idea!! I have looked at protein bars but I kind of wondered about ingredients and what not, it would be great to make them myself!!! I see a wonderfull weekend project ahead of me!!!

Your new food plan seems to be going great!!!

Lucas said...

Thanks for the recipe Jess! I don't think I'll be the only one trying these out.

Also, Happy New Shoes! I just got new ones too.

Sagan Morrow said...

Love the hair and the shoes! Congrats on Day 2.

Alli said...

OMG your hair is so freakin cute!!! Love the shoes too!

mamachristina said...

Your hair is really adorable, I almost went with that style this weekend myself and now wish I did. I think Ali is going to win but I kinda wish the victory for Kelly as well.

~Les said...

Your hair is SO CUTE! I have a graduated bob haircut, but I don't cut mine that high in the back, because I'm a fraidy-cat. It's awesome, sister!

~Les