Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April 1st Brings New Challenges!


Last night I did ST/Abs. It was arm/chest/back night as well as some other things added in. The PNP challenge for April is a Tummy Toning Challenge. Can you just say right up my alley. I am so wanting to work on my abs. (I am dreaming of some abs like the picture on the left!) So last night after I did my 3 sets of push ups (another PNP challenge), I busted out some Ab work and then my ST routine. Let me just tell you my workout rocked. I don't own a HRM, but I could tell I was burning some cals. I also followed it up with a protein shake. I've been really bad latley about drinking protein shakes. I just can't get on board here recently. I know I need it, so I sucked it up and did it. My favorite is Matrix 5.0 Orange Cream. By far it is my favorite of any protein powders I've tried.

Still moving forward with my Operation Bikini Challenge. The official Florida vacation is at 102 days!
Exercise:
3 Sets of Push Ups (15 each) Trying to do as many as I can on my toes
3-4 Mile Run
Few Ab exercises

Food for today:
B:Oatmeal, Blackberries, Coffee
S:Banana/1 Tbsp. Cashew butter (Oh my! So yummy)
L:Black Bean Burger, Tortilla, Raw Carrots, cheese stick
S:Yogurt/Protein Powder
D:Spinach Salad, chicken, light sprinkle of cheese, light dressing, few sunflower seeds
S: SF Pudding

I have been super hectic at work so far this week. Tomorrow I'm planning on taking off so you may not see a long post from me. I am helping my sister with a catering job. She is a caterer on the side and has a big event during the day. I am a sucker for extra spending money, so I've been working through my lunches all last week and this week so I can take off without using any vacation. Yippee!
5 Days until the 1/2!

6 comments:

Christina said...

wow abs like that..that would be awesome. Great pic soon it will be your tummy there instead :0

Jen said...

Woohoo!!! What an awesome challenge!!! That's perfect! I wish wonderful abs for you!!!

I JUST started getting into the protein shakes...well at least protein powder...I wasn't working my muscles so much before and, well, I just wasn't thinking...I definitely think it helps!!!

The catering job sounds like a lot of fun!! I hope you enjoy it!

Lucas said...

I'm up for the bikini challenge! I have to be in one in just 45 days. I have told my trainer and she has adjusted our workouts accordingly AND I will be starting a new daily ab routine just as soon as my new ab DVD's arrive.

BTW, you look adorable in that tankini!

mamachristina said...

you've been tagged...check out my blog... Christina

mamachristina said...

I love your menu, I do high protien and as much raw vegi's and fruit as possible. I enjoy reading your running schedule, I just do the walking 5k's right now but I have goals. Keep us posted!

*ccc* said...

Wow...reading your workout and your challenges was exhausting...but motivating :)

I have no doubt soon we'll be seeing fabulous pictures of YOUR abs...

Good luck!