Monday, March 24, 2008

Monday, Monday!

Happy Monday! Not sure what is happy about it. I sure would love to still be in bed.

I got word Friday that I may finally have my own Weight Watcher Meeting! This has been a long time coming. I've been weighing for a while now, but on Friday they called and asked if I would be interested in doing an At Work Meeting. The meeting began 5 weeks ago, so I'm picking it up right in the middle, but I'm okay with that. This will give me some experience, plus a little extra money each month.

Saturday I did a long run of 8 miles! It went fantastic. We incorporated some hills in the mix. I also tried Hammer Gels for the first time. It was Apple/Cinnamon flavor. Not great, but not bad either. It surprised me how well it worked. I've normally been fueling with Fig Newtons. I think I'm officially switching over to the gels.
Tonight I have a short run planned as well as a few ab exercises and some push ups.

Here is my food plan for today:
B: Oatmeal, Banana, Coffee
S1: Yogurt/Protein Powder
L: Turkey Wrap Tortilla with spinach and Laughing Cow Cheese, Raw Carrots, Orange
S2: Fiber One Bar
D: Baked Chicken with Salsa and a little taco seasoning, veggie
S3:SF Pudding, PB

4 comments:

Jen said...

YAY! That is really exciting!!! You deserve to have your own meeting! And I just can't even imagine how great that would feel!!!

What are the gels??? I have never heard of them!

meredi said...

Hey Jess! Thanks for your interest in my blog :) I can't find your email address though... can you either reply to my thread again with it, or email it to "ReplaceThisWithMyNickname" @gmail.com?

Thanks a bunch :)

Amuldoon said...

congrats on the meeting!

I fuel with raisins or newtons usually.... gels don't really sit with me that well.

I'm thinking I might try some of those sports beans. Have you tried them?

Ready Maid said...

Congratulations on your being selected to conduct a WW meeting. That's quite an honor. Other people seem to find that helping others solidifies their personal commitment. Great benefit, yes?