Thursday, March 27, 2008

I'm dreaming of a Cute Bikini....


Yesterday Angie http://angiealltheway.blogspot.com/ posted a challenge:
Operation Wedding Dress
No, I am not getting married, but I decided I would participate. My goal though is a cute Bikini for my summer Beach Vacation. The husband and I are heading to Destin, FL for 8 days! July 12-20: Count Down: 107 days!


So, last year I wore a bikini, but I just didn't feel all that grand in it. This year I want to wear it proudly. Without feeling insecure, or embarrassed. Here I am on the beach last year. I have on my tankini, because I still felt insecure.

So, here I am again vowing to really trim down and work on my abs. That is really the only area that is of concern to me. So, my goal during Operation Wedding Dress is to drop some inches around the middle. I think this is coming at a good time, because our trainer is about to start the April challenge which looks like it will be all on the tummy/ab area. LOVE IT!
So, everyday my plan is to post my exercise for the day.
Yesterday I did a ST routine of arms, chest, back. I then followed it up with several ab exercises.

Exercise Plan for Thursday:
I have a speed walk planned on some hills. (Remember I'm still in the running mode). I am running two half marathons in April. One of those is very hilly, so tonight I am going to walk some good hills. The reason I am walking and not running is I already did two short runs this week of 4 miles each and I have my long run of 6 miles scheduled for Saturday. Tonight is an added bonus. I just want to get more hills in the mix. Then tonight I will also do another round of some ab stuff. Each night I want to do something on my abs. Even if it is only 25 situps. I just really want to focus hard on my abs.

I know that along with this comes a stricter diet of less carbs. I am such a carboholic. I love them. I really need to start now by eating less carbs in the evening.

Food Plan for Thursday:
B:Oatmeal, Protein Powder (NASTY...I don't know why I keep trying it) Will have to find me something else for breakfast
S:Cottage cheese
L:Turkey Wrap Tortilla, spinach, carrots, light sour cream dip (2 tbsp)
S:Apple, Yogurt
D:Stir Fry minus the rice. Mainly just veggies, chicken, and a smidge of olive oil
S:SF Pudding

Today is my first WW meeting alone. I'm excited. I may do a follow up post to let everyone know how it went.

Happy Thursday Blog Friends.......

3 comments:

Jen said...

YAY! that's really exciting!!! Please follow up on your meeting!! I can't wait to hear about it!!

I am challenging myself with Angie's "operation wedding dress" as well!! I like your plan!!

Good luck tonight!

mereimahog said...

Hi Jess!

Thanks for reading my blog. I haven't been writing as much as I like, but it's fun when I do.

I'm running the 5K of the Hogeye and am just trying to improve my time, although I'm not sure if that will happen since I haven't been running as much as I should.

Good luck with the WW meeting, I hear they are really great.

Meredith

kolin said...

Looking to buy swim suit? Check out this online store for the best brands of swim wear! Those looking for best deals can check the bikini on sale section!!! http://www.verysexybikini.com